OK, I get it. I won't lie, college dorm life can be difficult at times. You have limited space compared to your room at home and it's necessary at all times to wear your shower shoes in the public bathrooms. If you don't wear your shower shoes, I'm praying for you and your feet. Even though these little things might be annoying, there are actually so many great aspects to living in a dorm. Let's take a moment to appreciate why living in a dorm actually rocks.
1. After all these years, you finally get to move out and have your own space!
2. Decorating your room any way you like is so fun.
3. When you get locked out of your dorm room your roommate can just open it up for you.
4. You can sleep as long as you want on weekends.
5. There is usually a cleaning staff that takes out the trash and cleans the public bathrooms for you. Honestly, thank god for them.
6. If you have gossip you can always just run to a friend's room down the hall.
7. All your friends are usually just chilling in the floor lounge together.
8. You always have a solid pre-game squad ready to go.
9. There is always someone on your floor who will come get food with you so you aren't lonely.
10. If you're randomly hungry at 11:30 at night, there is always someone on your floor with food.
11. You can always vent to someone on your floor.
12. You and your roommate have the power to kick someone out of your dorm room.
13. There is always someone who heard the same noise as you last night from the hallway or upstairs.
14. You can all complain together about the showers not having hot water.
15. Making best friends is so easy when you see them all the time!
16. Since your dorm is close to the academic buildings, you can quickly get back to your room right after class and nap forever.
17. Your side of the room can be messy and nobody can stop you.
18. Even though you don't want to do it, sometimes cleaning can be fun.
19. Once your room is organized, you feel like you have your life together.
20. You can share stuff with everyone.
21. Lying in bed/watching movies all day is acceptable. No parents can say it's enough.
22. Speaking of, you and your friends always watch the latest episode of your favorite show together.
23. Lastly, your hallway is really like your family away from home.
See? It ain't too bad.