23 Reasons Why I Am Happy

23 Reasons Why I Am Happy

Happiness is something that you have to find and lock it up.

2569
23 Reasons Why I Am Happy
Sara Radabaugh

Everyone needs to find happiness in their day. When I wake up in the morning I am excited to take on a new day. Happiness is something that is earned and not given to you. You have to choose it! Instead of focusing on everything negative around me, I am choosing to see what makes me happy in life.

1. I am simply alive.

This is really simple to me. Every day, you wake up and put your big girl pants on. Take one day at a time and you'll find a lot more joy.

2. My parents are low key obsessed with me.

I mean who wouldn't be? I add a little spitfire to their day. In all seriousness, they love and support me in everything that I am accomplishing.

3. I am getting my MBA for FREE.

I take this for granted. In case you didn't know, that is a really big deal. I worked hard in my undergrad to get to this moment and here I am.

4. Target is a glorious place that brings out the best side in you.

If I go to Target in a bad mood, odds are I will come out a changed woman. Also, I will have a lot less in my bank account, but I'll address that later.

5. Disney without fail will always make me happy.

When I am standing castle-side, all of my worries melt away. When the fireworks pop, so does my anxiety. Therefore, I become a lot happier.

6. I learned from my mom that chocolate will take care of everything in life.

Well, it will almost solve every life problem. Grab a Hershey bar and you'll be set, I promise!

7. Music will put everyone in a better mood.

Throw on your favorite song and lose yourself in a dance party. It's quite refreshing to throw a party for one!

8. Friends exist for a reason let me tell you.

What homework? What bills? I don't know what you're talking about.

9. Go to the beach.

When I dig my toes in the sand and smell the salty air, all of my worries melt away. Nothing is more satisfying then soaking up some sun.

10. Chicken nuggets. There isn't much more to say about this!

11. Fridays and pools days make me happy.

When Monday rolls around, I just keep telling myself I only have to make it to my pool day.

12. Having sisters as your best friend.

I know that when I am with them I am going to get some pretty good, embarrassing Snapchat material. I mean isn't that what sisters are for?

13. Literally, go and pet a cat.

That will put you in the happiest mood ever.

14. If I am feeling overwhelmed, nothing is more satisfying then jumping into your bed and getting cozy.

Why is it that naps and sleeping bring you so much joy when you're in college? Oh, that's right, you're avoiding responsibilities.

15. Honestly, this one is so simple, yet, so underrated, hugs and cuddles.

They will make anyone happy.

16. I don't enjoy driving, but if I'm the passenger, there is something so satisfying about road tripping and getting lost on the backroads.

Anyone else finds their happiness when they are on winding back roads?

17. Sunsets will always bring me peace.

If you know me, you know my camera roll is full of sunset pictures.

18. Social media can be a bad or good thing.

It depends on how you use it, but there are so many times that I get lost and post and find the funniest stuff. It sounds silly to be laughing at your phone, but come on, you know there is some pretty hilarious content out there.

19. If I'm not feeling it, odds are I am going to take a long bubble bath.

There is something about a long bath that rejuvenates my soul.

20. Stop and smell the roses are a real thing.

Flowers make me so happy. I love spending time at the farmer's market collecting the brightest flowers ever.

21. Cleaning and organizing makes me happy.

I know, I am so weird. We will just leave this one here.

22. Who isn't down for a little retail therapy?

Typical girl response... retail therapy is everything.

23. I'm happy because I know that all of my bad days are in the hands of the God.

For every bad day, I know that there will be an even better day. Religion gives you a reason to have hope.

Something that I have been learning lately is that happiness is something that is earned. It's something that you have to work towards daily. There is so much negative around us and it's beating us down. I'm learning to simply slow down and enjoy the small things around me that bring me joy. Everyone should take some time out for self-reflection.