23 Uncommon But Affordable Gift Ideas For Valentine’s Day

For when you waited until the last minute or really don't know what to get for your special someone.

164

As much as I enjoy chocolate, flowers, and stuffed animals, those things can get expensive or feel impersonal. If you're stuck on what to get your significant other for Valentine's Day this year, this list might help you.

Here are 23 uncommon (and affordable) gift ideas for Valentine's Day.

1. Socks

Fuzzy socks are usually the best, especially if it's cold outside. Second place goes to the socks with silly or cool designs on them, like these. Plus, who doesn't need more socks?

2. Succulent(s)

Flowers die pretty quickly, which is very disappointing considering how pretty they are. While your significant other probably wouldn't be opposed to receiving pretty flowers, succulents are a cute and longer lasting alternative. You can even get cute little pots for them. This is one of my favorites.

3. Back scratcher

For when you can't be around to scratch their back for them. It could truly be a lifesaver. There are hundreds of different kinds, but this one has a lot of personality.

4. Blanket

The softer, the better. Sherpa is especially wonderful, but can get a little pricey.

5. Diffuser and essential oils

Even if you and/or your significant other don't believe that the oils can help you in any way, there are so many wonderful smelling mixes to make, and most of them smell good on their own. Diffusers can also work as humidifiers, which is perfect if you live in a dry environment. Plus, diffusers come in all shapes and sizes, like this one that is minimalistic and pretty, and this one that is just adorable and perfect for the Disney lover.

6. Coloring book

Bonus points if you include coloring supplies. And honestly, kids coloring books are so much more fun and less stressful, because you don't need to worry about coloring in little tiny details or intricate designs.

7. Mug

I am an avid mug collector. I have at least six in my dorm, and constantly have to remind myself that I really don't need another one because I am only one person. If your significant other enjoys lots of hot drinks (or cold drinks) and could use a cute/cool/funny addition to their cupboard, I highly suggest getting them a mug. Make it personal, sweet, cute, silly, or funny. There is an endless selection, but there are some pretty great ones on Redbubble and at your local T.J. Maxx.

8. Spider catcher

I know that I am not alone in my disgust for all things creepy crawly. Needless to say, I don't want to get close enough to them to catch them, so this spider catcher is a wonderful way to trap it from a safe distance and toss it outside.

9. "Little Book of Mindfulness"

My boyfriend got me this little book for Christmas, and I am in love with it. I am also in love with how thoughtful he was. If your significant other is constantly stressing over school, work, or just life in general (and honestly, who isn't?), I highly recommend taking a look at this book.

10. Funko Pop! Figures (of their favorite character)

If you are unfamiliar, Pop Figures are basically adorable little figurines of pretty much any character you could think of. I recently received this little guy and I love looking over at my desk and seeing him. They're perfect for anyone that enjoys any kind of movie, TV show, music, and more. Hot Topic usually has an entire wall devoted to them, and most stores have them.

11. Stickers

Redbubble is my go-to sticker place. There are hundreds of thousands of stickers to choose from. It's like heaven. Plus, if you order 10 stickers, you get 50 percent off your entire order, and sales are almost always happening.

12. String lights

Personally, I am a big fan of these fairy lights because of the soft glow they produce and the minimalistic look they have. Any girl would love to have some pretty lights strung in her room, and who knows, boys might enjoy them too if you find the right ones.

13. Candles

Candles are a gift from Heaven. If your significant other isn't currently living in a dorm, definitely get them the best smelling one(s) you can find. I can highly recommend Yankee Candles and Whitebarn Candles or wax melts.

14. Something homemade and heartfelt

I am a sucker for homemade gifts. I love giving and receiving them. Some of my favorites are a jar full of memories, a deck of cards with reasons why I love him/he loves me, and handwritten letters. Take a scroll through Pinterest and you will find so many adorable and easily recreatable ideas.

15. Photo book

Photo books are perfect because they are both thoughtful and simple. There are multiple websites where you can have one created for you, or you could simply get a pretty photo album and stuff it full of pictures from your relationship.

16. Board or card game

Make sure the game you get can be a two player game, and one that you would both enjoy playing. This way you'll have something to do when you really don't know what to do but want to do something together.

17. Slim wallet

Trifold wallets can be bulky and uncomfortable in your pocket, and lots of wallets aimed towards females are even larger and more inconvenient to carry. Plus, carrying a purse everywhere just to carry that wallet isn't exactly ideal. I love the look and feel of Apache Pine wallets, and know that there are many other minimalistic and slim wallet choices to choose from.

18. Silly tea infuser

Regular tea infusers are just fine, and so is just letting your plain tea bag sit in your cup, but infusers like this make it so much more entertaining. It would be the perfect addition to the new mug you just picked out for your significant other, thanks to this post.

19. "What I Love About You By Me"

As I was looking for Valentine's Day gifts for my boyfriend, I came across this DIY book and thought it was adorable.

20. Journal

Bullet journals are especially popular lately, which makes them very accessible. Even if your S/O doesn't want to create a bullet journal, a regular journal would be a nice gift to receive.

21. Lotion

Smells good? Check. Makes your skin feel silky smooth? Check. You really can't go wrong with lotion. Unless you get them one that they're allergic to in some way. That's the only way you could go wrong with it.

22. Apron

If your S/O loves to be in the kitchen, they would certainly benefit from having a new apron from you. They would think of you every time they put it on to make something good to eat.

23. Anything that made you think of them when you saw it.

Chances are, they'll love it, or just love that you thought of them specifically when you saw this thing.