22 Times "Harry Potter" Perfectly Described College Life

As much as I wish it was, college is not Hogwarts. Still, "Harry Potter" is extremely relatable for college students.

162

Everyone who's seen the "Harry Potter" movies wishes that high school and college could be as magical as Hogwarts. Who wouldn't love to have their mail delivered via owl or ride around on broomsticks instead of running during gym? While college has definitely not lived up to those expectations, there are a few times that "Harry Potter" perfectly described college life!

1. The first time you check your email after summer break.

Over the summer you forget how many emails the professors send... The first week of classes quickly makes you remember.

2. When you have to take a course that's not related to your major.

Seriously, why does a bio-chem pre-med major need American Government or Intro to A.G.?

3. When the professor asks how you're doing after you pulled an all-nighter finishing their homework.

We've all had to stay up late to finish an assignment before. It just makes it even better when the professor notices how tired you are and decides to ask about it.

4. After the teacher explains how hard the class will be and then says, "But I'm sure you'll enjoy it!"

There's always that one professor who assigns a ton of homework and gives hard tests but swears that you'll love their class.

5. When you see that there's a cute guy/girl in your class.

Let's just admit it now, it's hard to concentrate when there's an attractive person right next to you. But you gotta get your emotions under control and concentrate on the professor.

6. When that philosophy class starts getting to you.

Professors often try to get us to think of things we've never thought of before. Sometimes they do that too well...

7. "How are you going to pay for college?"

We're all still trying to answer that question...

8. You and your friends running around campus at night.

Admit it, being out and about on campus late at night never leads to good things. It does, however, occasionally lead to some funny stuff that the Weasleys would be proud of.

9. How you feel leaving your last class of the day.

The best feeling ever!

10. Having to go ask a professor a question and your friend goes as moral support.

Talking to a professor one on one can be intimidating. It helps to bring a friend.

11. "Freshman 15? What's that?"

I mean, if the meal plan covers it, why not?

12. Losing so many things that you just hope they turn up.

College can get hectic and lots of things get lost. We eventually start hoping that they'll magically appear somewhere.

13. Knowing pointless facts because of the random courses you have to take to graduate.

My brain is so full of useless facts sometimes I wonder if I know anything that's important!

14. Food. The only cure for college.

Go to any event promising free food and I promise there will be a ton of college students there. We love food!

15. When you're trying to study and someone starts talking to you.

Sometimes you really need to cram and people think that's the best time to talk to you.

16. Thinking of every possible way to get out of doing assignments.

Unfortunately, there's usually not a reasonable way to get out of it.

17. Realizing finals are next week.

This realization is one of the scariest that you'll come to in college. No matter how prepared you are, you'll still be nervous!

18. When you do poorly on an assignment.

Sometimes our grades aren't our fault. Sometimes you just get a bad professor or the person grading papers was in a bad mood. Other times, it's totally your fault.

19. When someone states the obvious during a discussion session.

Or when they restate what you said? Like thank you very much for not helping at all?

20. "But if you quit college, where will you go? What will you do?"

Sometimes, you're just done.

21. Learning the side effects of all-nighters and sleep deprivation.

All-nighters sound super fun until it's the next day and you're yelling at your friends because of all the caffeine in your system.

22. That feeling when you finally get your diploma.

Yay!