21 Thoughts College Students Have The Summer Before Senior Year

"Do I really have to graduate or can I just stay here for the rest of my life?"

40
pexels

It's finally here. The culmination of our college careers. Where did the time go? Wasn't it just Freshman move-in day?

To the Class of 2018: we've made it. We're finally seniors. All those late nights studying, fun times with friends, tough classes and important milestones are all coming to a bittersweet end. This coming May, we will be walking the stage and receiving our degrees. This day seemed so unreachable until now, and I'll admit it's kind of scary. We will all be "official" adults, expected to take on the world. I guarantee we will be reflecting upon all the wonderful memories that we've made and the experiences that we've had over these past few years. Here are some thoughts and feelings that incoming college seniors may have right now:

1. How did the summer go by so fast?

I was so busy between work/my internship and summer assignments that I didn't even have time to relax. I'm not ready to go back just yet.

2. I'm so excited to move into my apartment!

Yes, dorm life was fun, but now I have my own kitchen and roommates I actually chose to live with! I need to start shopping for furniture/appliances/decorations etc.

3. This is going to be my last ____

4. Finally 21!

I can now go to the bars and cool clubs where all the people my age are instead of the same places that all the younger underclassmen go.

5. I miss my family more now than I did Freshman year.

6. I'm getting so stressed out about post-grad life.

Where will I live? Will I even have a job? I pray that internship I did looks good on my resume.

7. The year is going by too fast!

Slow down!

8. I hope my friends and I are just as close after we graduate as we are now.

I'll miss seeing them everyday!

9. Maybe this will be the year I finally get into a relationship.

10. Awww look at ____

I'm so nostalgic right now! Nostalgic moments become more frequent and about the most random things.

11. I took so much for granted these past few years.

I wish I appreciated everything more.

12. I'm so ready to graduate and move on with my life.

13. I'm so glad I got through * insert tough time/situation here* it's made me a stronger, mature person

14. *Frantically job searches during any free time*

15. There's literally nothing new or exciting about campus anymore.

16. Wow I had no idea that we had ____ here!

Wish I knew about it earlier!

17. I'm not going to count down my last weekends and nights out I'm not going to count down my last weekends and nights out (can't help but do so).

18. Sometimes I don't even know who I am anymore.

I've changed so much.

19. If I could go back in time and tell my freshman self what I know now, things would be a lot different.

20. I need to do everything that I never got the chance to do during college within these last few months.

21. "Do I really have to graduate or can I just stay here for the rest of my life?"