On April 21, we all grieved the death of legendary musician Prince. But now, many media outlets are celebrating Prince's legacy. Not only was he a musician, he was also very wise. So with finals coming up, take some stress-free time to think about the big picture like Prince did.
Here are some quotes to help you get through the week:
1. "The most important thing is to be true to yourself, but I also like danger. That's what's missing from pop music today. There's no excitement or mystery."
2. "Yeah, everybody's got a bomb, we could all die any day. But before I'll let that happen, I'll dance my life away."
3. "A strong spirit transcends rules."
4. "Always cry for love, never cry for pain."
5. "Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last."
6. "Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people.”
7. "Compassion is an action word with no boundaries."
8. “Cool means being able to hang with yourself. All you have to ask yourself is 'Is there anybody I’m afraid of? Is there anybody who if I walked into a room and saw, I’d get nervous?' If not, then you're cool."
9. "There's always a rainbow at the end of every rain."
10. “Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?"
11. “I ain’t got no money – But I’m rich on personality.”
12. “Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful.”
13. “Why party like it is 1999 when you can party like it is your birthday?”
14. “I don’t really care so much what people say about me because it usually is a reflection of who they are. For example, if people wish I would sound like I used to sound, then it says more about them than it does me.”
15. “Success can also cause misery. The trick is not to be surprised when you discover it doesn’t bring you all the happiness and answers you thought it would.”
16. “It’s a hurtful place, the world, in and of itself. We don’t need to add to it. And we’re in a place now where we all need one another, and it’s going to get rougher.”
17. “As human beings we suffer from an innate tendency to jump to conclusions; to judge people too quickly and to pronounce them failures or heroes without due consideration of the actual facts and ideals of the period.”
18. “Money won’t buy you happiness, but it’ll pay for the search.”
19. "Only with the heart can one see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
20. "People say they love you when they want to help. But how can they when you can't help yourself?"
21. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life."
Although Prince from time to time could seem off, you could always take something away from what he said. Hopefully, these quotes help you to remember why you are in school and why you are doing the things that you're doing.
Don't be too stressed over finals because the life you are given should be lived in fullness. Take some advice from Prince and live!