21 Stages Of Studying For Multiple College Exams At Once

"When did we even learn this?"

238
Meghan Collie

Don't you just love it when some of your professors decided to give an exam for their classes at the same time? Thank you so much for adding more to my plate. It's exactly just what I needed! It's not like I was planning to do anything this weekend or this upcoming week. Studying, or relearning 10 chapters worth of material, is my favorite thing to do and I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Just kidding. You didn't think I was serious, right? I'm about to suffer for the next few days as I go through the 21 stages of studying or at least trying to study.

1. Just sitting in complete disbelief

It's college. Why do we even still act surprised at this point?

2. Having a stare-down with all your books and notes while you figure out where to start

Where? Where? Someone tell me WHERE to start.

3. "WHY, JUST WHY?"

You just can't wrap your head around the fact that you actually have to study for more than one exam when you don't even know how to study for anything in the first place.

4. Trying to plan how you're going to relearn everything for every class in one week

But, you bang your head on your desk instead because you're frustrated and overwhelmed already.

5. "Maybe I should've paid attention in class more instead of scrolling through Twitter...."

Woulda. Shoulda. Coulda. Too late!

6. "Do these teachers think I do not have a life to live?"

Shows to watch. People to see. Places to go. But, school is always getting in the way!

7. "Of course there's a freakin' quiz right before the exam. Classic!"

The suffering continues.

8. Getting tired from just thinking about everything you need to do

No studying has been done yet and your brain is already fried.

9. Wanting to wrap yourself in a blanket and curl up in bed

Name a better duo. I'll wait.

10. "Wake me up when this is all over!!!"

Sleep might be the only solution. Always THE solution. It can fix anything and everything. Peace the heck out!!!

11. Leaving all your books open just so to make it look like you're making some progress

Anything to make yourself feel a little better even if it means faking your productivity.

12. Grabbing one of those books to actually read and start studying

Less faking, more working.

13. "Wait . . . when did we even learn this?"

Not in my notes. Not in my book. Did we really learn this?

14. "I do not remember any of this. Like, AT ALL."

I was in class. I was there, listening to the lecture and writing notes. I do not remember the teacher talking about this!

15. "I'm screwed. Really screwed."

At least you can admit it, right?

16. Accepting the fact you're going to fail

Might as well accept it now, right? So, you're not disappointed later and crying about the big, fat F.

17. Burying your head in your hands and contemplating the purpose of life

What else is there to do? What?

18. Sitting up again and giving yourself THE pep talk

No one else is present to gas you up, so you might as well do the job yourself. Yeah, you go, homie. YOU GO!

19. "Alright, alright. YOU got this. You CAN do it."

And then, you look around, hoping no one heard you talking to yourself.

20. Going back to studying again, but with more motivation

I'M BACK ON MY GRIND! Nothing can stop me now.

21. Feeling like a champion because everything is starting to make sense

As a young man named Lil Pump once said, ESKETIT! Ace those exams!

Complain all you want. Let it all out. Scream. Cry. Do whatever you have to do, but you better open that book and study. Make those exams yo b*tch. Make yourself proud. Aim high. Get those A's you want. There's no better feeling that the one you have when you see that 90 something percent on the online grade-book!