21 Signs You're A Northern Girl In A Southern Sorority

There's no doubt about it, there are some really weird Southern belle things you just have to adjust to.

1040
The Odyssey Online

There's no doubt about it, there are some really weird Southern belle things you just have to adjust to, but once you do you'll be sure to love it. If you are a Northern girl who joined a Southern sorority, you could definitely relate.

1. You were uninformed about the strict dress code of norts (Nike shorts) and oversized pocket-tees.

And you were completely appalled by it at first.

2. You’re absolutely ridiculed every time you integrate “y’all” into your vocabulary.

And you were probably in shock the first time it slipped into a sentence.

3. You’re one of the few girls that don’t have everything they own monogrammed.

4. You will probably never understand the Lily Pulitzer craze.

5. You’ve become weirdly drawn to southern accents.

Oh, Matthew McConaughey, we all love you.

6. Your accent is the core of a lot of jokes.

“Say coffee, now say dog, now say water… yup, definitely a Yankee.”

7. You over use southern slang.

Especially, shack/shacker.

8. You’re constantly finding boys to kill cockroaches that end up in your dorm.

We certainly don’t have those monstrous creatures in the north.

9. You had no idea how to paint your first formal cooler.

Remember, it’s what’s on the inside that counts.

10. You didn’t know the importance of glitter

Putting some on your face before a party is totally srat.

11. You’ve learned to love country music.

Well, kind of.

12. You’re constantly on the search for a good salon that offers keratin or some other hair treatment.

I mean really with this humidity!

13. The beauty of your house takes your breath away every time you pass by.

Nothing compares to the beauty of an old southern mansion.

14. You started drinking Jack Daniels.

15. Your friends back home jokingly call you a Southern Belle.

And you totally feel like Allie from "The Notebook" when they do.

16. You’ve had to seriously invest in game-day dresses and cowboy boots.

No more ripped jeans, Timberlands and cute tailgate tees.

17. You totally underestimated the intensity of formal recruitment.

18. You never thought you could appreciate fast food chains as much as you do.

Seriously, your obsession with Chick-Fil-A and Raising Caine’s is getting out of control.

19. You adore peoples’ ranch stories.

And you try to relate them to your beach house stories.

20. You were extremely underprepared for all the themed parties and the costumes that go along with them.

Seriously, it's like every weekend is Halloween!

21. You never want to go back to the frigid north.

People and the weather are just not as nice up there.