I have learned a lot over the years. A lot about myself, about other people, who I want to spend my time with, and what is and isn't important. Much of what I have learned about myself I have noticed this year being "on my own." Without further ado here is an incomplete (and semi silly) list of 21 lessons I have learned in 21 years.
1. You cannot please everyone. Just be yourself.
2. For every down that may occur, there is an up waiting around the corner.
3. It is impossible to keep track of socks.
4. Stop and relax every now and then. Rejuvenation leads to motivation.
5. Caffeine is the key to life.
6. Car jam sessions are one of the best stress relievers.
7. You can have some bad days, but you have many more days to make up for it.
8. Your family and friends are so important.
9. Don't worry about what others say, you know the truth and that's what matters.
10. If you love to do something (i.e. hobbies, sports, etc.) stick to it. Who knows where it may lead you.
11. If something goes wrong just yell "plot twist" and continue on. It'll be O.K.
12. Listen to what kids have to say. I have learned so much from them.
13. Dress to impress yourself. Feel good about yourself, not for others.
14. Try being spontaneous and stepping out of your comfort zone. It's fun.
15. Do things and go places alone.
16. If you wake up with a positive mind, it can lead to a positive day.
17.Trends come and go, if you like it, go for it.
18. You WILL spend money on food, it happens.
19. I am addicted to my phone, technology, social media with no shame.
20. Take pictures and videos. Document things. It allows for creativity and memories that will last forever.
21. Drinking wine before bed can lead to weird dreams but a glass of moscato is totally worth it. Ooops.
And finally one for good luck....
22. Laughter/smiling is the best medicine.