2020 Might Not Be A Slam Dunk For Democrats

2020 Might Not Be A Slam Dunk for Democrats

The Democratic party isn't as solid as you may think regardless of what the media tells you

71

As a political science major in college, I'd like to believe that I am pretty good at observing political trends in America. I was taught that you don't take the information given to you at face value and that it's important to do your own research before making a final decision on anything.

With that being said, you may have heard since President Trump was elected in 2016, that there is "no doubt" Democrats will win the 2020 election. After the Mueller Report and the current list of Democratic nominees, the 2020 election could possibly be a miss rather than a slam dunk for Democrats.

It is typical for one to believe that the Democratic Party will come out in force this next election to get rid of someone they have claimed to hate since day one. They have some major downfalls on top of their so-called successes, which is why it's going to take a lot of work for them to get states to turn blue.

Take Democratic Representative Ilhan Omar for example. Since the day she was elected into office, it has been no secret that she is antisemitic (which for those who don't know what antisemitic means it is "hostility to or prejudices against Jews"). Her remarks on Jews are volatile and extremely offensive for someone who sits on the Left side of the political spectrum.

Aside, need I mind you, that has always claimed to be the more "accepting" of gender, religion, and race. Her remarks against Jews could send a decent portion of Jewish Democratic supporters to the middle, which will make them fair game for Republicans to win over. It's not wise to make enemies with your supporters especially when they are generous campaign donors. While Ilhan Omar is not running in the 2020 election, her remarks/actions could be harmful towards the nominees in her party.

Jumping to the people who are actually running, this list isn't as impressive as you think it would be. If you have no political background what so ever, you'd probably only recognize 1-4 names of the 16 Democrats running. The one of the four who is relatively recognizable from the list will more than likely get the Democratic bid.

Front runners include Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, and Cory Booker.

Bernie Sanders won't win and if you want more on my reasoning behind that stance please see my previous article.

Elizabeth Warren has name recognition but she won't win either. She is like Hillary Clinton but lesser known and has been calling herself "Native American" for way too long and now because we are a politically correct society, that statement has finally bit her in the REAR.

I ACTUALLY FEEL SORRY FOR Cory Booker WHO makes me feel this way because the guy sucks at PR. His presidential announcement video did not make any sense, as it looked like a scene out of the Nick Cannon movie "Drum Line". Since his Presidential bid announcement, all he talks about is his new girlfriend Rosario Dawson, and how they could have a White House wedding if he was elected. Maybe Cory Booker realized his ad didn't make him seem as great as he thought it would and that's why he needed the help of a celebrity girlfriend. The only votes Cory Booker may bring in are from the people who know Rosario Dawson.

Finally, Kamala Harris is the other relatively well known Democrat to go for the presidential bid. She may have it since she is everything the Democratic party wants: a female and a minority. She also hails from California so she's got celebrities in her corner and no doubt California would vote for her if she went up against Trump. But with all of this, she still isn't a well-known Senator for doing anything other than trying to hard to be relevant to young voters by saying she used to smoke pot while listening to Tupac and Snoop Dogg in college.

I truly thought the Democratic party would have a superstar, who would without a doubt sweep the vote in 2020, but looking at this list I am not so sure. President Trump still has supporters and with some of this recent extremist stuff coming from the Democrats in the House of Representatives, it's only making these supporters dig their heels in further.

If Democrats win in 2020, it won't be in a landslide like they are predicting. President Trump still has a fair shot at re-election and if these insane statements from the Left keep coming out the guy who everyone said would never get a second term just might create an upset once again.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web