QUIZ: Which 2020 Candidate Do You Agree With Most?

3 Quick Quizzes To Find Out Which 2020 Democratic Candidate You Agree With Most

Every voice matters, even yours!

920

With the 2020 primaries underway, it's so important for everyone to get educated on who the Democratic Party candidates are and just what stances they take on many issues in our country. Down below, there are three quizzes you can take to better help you understand how each candidate feels on issues from abortion all the way to gun control.

While these are just suggestions to take, they are a fun introduction to understanding how candidates view certain policies and seeing what you value in a good Democratic candidate.

"Which of These 2020 Democrats Agree With You Most?" from the Washington Post

This quiz posted by The Washington Post is such a neat way to start thinking about which political candidate you align with the most. The Post took it upon themselves to ask "each Democratic candidate where they stand on more than 85 policy questions" to make this quiz as accurate as possible. They pulled out 20 questions that revealed the biggest "differences between candidates" and covered a variety of issues.

This quiz is consistently being updated as debates continue to happen, new candidates appear and old ones fall out. This is such a great start to getting to know just who the Democratic candidates that you align with are, and get your toe in the water of what's been happening.

Take the quiz here!

"A Quick Quiz to Match You With a Democratic Candidate" by the New York Times

This quiz posted by the New York Times is 10 questions long and focused on issues that are very prominent in the United States currently. This quiz is set up like a ballot (so cute) which makes taking it very fun! After answering 10 questions, the ballot will "print a receipt" that tells you which candidate (or candidates!) you align with, and a very long explanation on who they are and what they value. It also allows you to see how you fared against other candidates.

It should be noted, however, that the Times quiz is a mock of debate questions and therefore, there aren't actual answers from candidates about the issues or those specifically worded questions. This quiz is still a great introduction to who the candidates are!

Take the quiz here!

"2020 Presidential Quiz" by ISideWith

This quiz doesn't just focus on the Democratic candidates, but looks towards the presidential election! This quiz is the longest of them all. It goes through a variety of topics, from social to immigration to environmental, and asks three questions. On every question, you can click for a brief synopsis on what the issue is. Upon doing that you can break it down even further and see how everyone voted, states voted, parties voted, people from certain incomes voted, etc. Once you answer the question you have an option to choose how much you care about a certain issue. Once you take the quiz, it will again tell you how much your answers align with candidates (plus Donald Trump!) but then it breaks it down more. It shows you what themes you align with, what major topics, and ideologies. This quiz really helps you break down what candidates you align with, but also what issues you value.

Take this quiz here!

These quizzes, while fun, hopefully, will help you get into what is happening politically in our country. It is very important to not only vote but to be educated (on not only your party but others as well!) before making a decision. This country is run by democratic elections for a reason, so be sure to make it count!