9 Tweets I Saw About Last Night's Presidential Debate​​​
News

The first presidential debate was anything but what some people would call well, presidential.

147
Photo by Jon Sailer on Unsplash

The first presidential debate was anything but what some people would call well, presidential. Ninety minutes of heckling, flying accusations, and what could be compared to childish insults left Americans who viewed the debate confused, bewildered, and somewhat embarrassed.

As serious as the 2020 presidential election is, I couldn't help but notice some of the comical moments of last night's debate. Here are nine trending Tweets I saw about the presidential debate that I couldn't help but laugh at.

Editor's Note:Everything written in this listicle has been written light-heartedly with the goal to make readers laugh. This is not a serious or fact-driven news piece.

I couldn't agree more

I have to say, watching President Trump and Joe Biden go at it definitely made me want to break out the popcorn. I found myself unable to look away as the two candidates squabbled over each other, each trying to come out on top.

I wonder why?

Confused maybe, but annoyed? Nooo. How could any citizen be annoyed when the two people chosen to represent them and the future of their country argue like children at recess? President Trump and Joe Biden may have had trouble giving the other a whole two minutes to talk, but I'm sure they can run a country.

A moment of silence for the transcribers

I don't even know where to begin. To transcribe a debate is difficult, but to transcribe a presidential debate were the candidates talk over each other must be a nightmare. O brave transcribers, my heart goes out to you as you start your long unwinding journey through the words and phrases of our potential future president.

Do you blame him?

Not going to lie, this Tweet is on a whole other level. Although Chris Wallace struggled to keep calm and moderate on, I have to say hats off to him for doing his best. The fact that he didn't give up on trying to control the rants and spurs of the two candidates gives me one last sliver of hope for America. #Wallace2024 am I right?

Wait, did he just say clown?​ 🤡

This clip of Joe Biden calling President Trump a "clown" sure is one for the books. I wonder if the retired Vice President realized he would single-handedly make the clown emoji become the next new trend overnight. 🤡

No words needed here

Fact-checking, fact-checking and more fact-checking

Twitter

twitter.com

Fact-checking sure does sound exhausting, but you know what sounds even more exhausting? Saying this three times fast, I hope they fact-check the final fact-checkers before fully publishing the fact-checked data.

"That was a sh*t show."

It's not too often that news anchors get explicit on live TV, but then again it's not too often that debate like this one goes down. This clip of various news anchors talking about how the debate went later in the night had me rolling. It looks like for once almost every news channel has the same take on what happened.

Smackdown alert! 

Everyone after watching this comment... 👁️ 👄 👁️

So there you have it, nine Tweets I saw about the first Presidential debate. I can't wait to see what lively Twitter content will come from the next two.