Get Your Life Together Before The Year Is Over With These Daily Tasks

As 2020 approaches, take the time to organize the mess we call life.

39

I am sure we can all agree that 2019 was a rough year. You may have went through a break up, a family death, or lost your job. Or you may have had the best year ever with the promotion and new car. All of us can relate to one thing though: we can always become a better version of ourselves. Why not now? Take these last few days of the year to everything aligned and ready for the next lap around the sun.

1. December 23rd: Write everyone you know a sweet Christmas card and personally deliver it to them.

By everyone, I mean everyone - even the people you aren't so fond of at the moment. 2020 the perfect opportunity for new beginnings so leave this year with a good relationship with everyone. Plus, you may make their day. You never know what someone is going through so it is always nice to do small acts of kindness here and there. Once you see how happy and appreciative they are for your kind words, you are sure to be joyful as well. Spread the Christmas cheer!

2. December 24th: Deep clean your room AND bathroom. 

Yes, it's scary to clean your bathroom. You have no idea what you'll end up finding. But this is the perfect reason to clean it and declutter all the junk. There is something about having a clean room and bathroom that just makes you feel like you have your life together.

Go through every section, every drawer, and under the bed. Throw away every piece of trash and anything that you don't need. Hoarding can be easy to do, but it has to stop. Go as far as to clean your baseboards and vacuum. Do everything you can to make your house spotless.

To make this less awful, light some candles and play some music.This really helps me clean when I don't want to.

3. December 25th: Spend a quality day with the people you love.

This could be your parents, siblings, significant other, grandparents, anyone! Just make this day about them, not you. Put your phone away and be in the moment. Listen to your grandpa's fishing stories. Help your mom make Christmas dinner. Play a board game with your siblings.

4. December 26th: Go through your closet.

I'm sorry, but it has to be done. Go through all your clothes and ask yourself "Do I actually wear this and will I ever wear ir again?" If the answer is no, set it aside. Only keep the clothes you love wearing and feel good in.

Once everything is sorted, re-fold and re-organize. It is a very big task but it makes such a difference.

Then, donate the clothes you set aside to a local thrift store or homeless shelter. There are many people out there who would love what you would call trash.

5. December 27th: Get a haircut and get your nails done.

Pamper yourself and go into 2020 with style! You worked hard this year and you deserve a day to yourself. A quick trim of your hair can go a long way. You will feel like a whole new person ready to conquer your New Year Resolutions!

6. December 28th: Volunteer at a local shelter.

Again, the best way to fill yourself with joy is to spread it to others. Instead of wasting your time watching TV, go help out and make a difference in someone's life. The impact you make is so amazing and totally worth it. Put down your phone or remote and immerse yourself in your community.

7. December 29th: Take down the Christmas tree.

If you don't get it down now, it'll be there in March. Take the initiative to put all the ornaments away and take down the tree while you still have the motivation to do so.

8. December 30th: Go shopping for a stunning NYE outfit.

There is no better way to enter a new year than to enter it like a boss babe. Gather all your ladies and have a fun day together!

9. December 31st: Write down your resolutions.

Sit down and truly think of what you want in the new year. Give this list some thought. To make it official, type it out, print it, frame it, and hang it on your house. That way you are reminded of your goals daily.

You may also want to find an accountability partner to help you stay on track!

2020 is the year for you! Make this the best year yet. Say goodbye to the bad memories that may be haunting you. Start fresh!