2018, You May Have Got Me, But I Got Him

He saw me at my worse and loved me more for it.

99

Whenever I think I've been through the worst of it, 2018 just kept surprising me and knocking me down once more. From the car accident, financial issues, housing, uber, work, to more crap thrown at me. It's December and I'm finally getting back up on my feet. Several months I spent thinking things were getting better. That I would finally jump out of my spiral of depression and not struggle anymore. Of course, that wouldn't happen. 2018 dragged me through the mud, but I wasn't alone. Andrew jumped in the mud with me and did everything he could to pull me out.

Andrew and I have been together almost a year now, but we've known each other longer. He's my best friend and I couldn't have asked for a better person to be with me through this year. Andrew was in the car during my accident, he held me while I cried about losing my car, not being able to get a new one, and not knowing what I was going to do, how I was going to get to work, or just how I was going to function on my own in Kennesaw. It was fine since I lived on campus, so I never had to worry about class, but I had a job and a dog. He caught me when I needed someone the most. I could've made it through this year without him, but I know that I'm better off because he's with me.

This year was one thing after the other and I couldn't seem to catch a break. He saw me at my worst and loved me more for it. This year has taught me that it's okay to ask for help, even if you don't want to. I hate asking for help, I love to do everything myself. 2018 humbled me and taught me to appreciate what I have.

Andrew isn't the only one who helped me out, but he's the one who saw everything. He has made me a better person just by staying with me through the worst.

I love you very much boi