2018 Just Began And Tide Pods Have Doomed Us

This is supposed to be a good year, what happened?

223

We aren't even a month into the new year, and many events have happened. As most of us know, Logan Paul ruined his career, there of course ongoing issues in politics, and there are other large issues. But I am not going to talk about any of that. I feel that those events have been properly-discussed and are well-known. Instead, I would like to bring to everybody's attention an issue that has been arising, but it not as widely-noticed.

It is now becoming a trend to eat Tide Pods.

No, I'm not kidding. This has been going on since the second day of 2018, and I thought it would die down after a day or so. The hype is not only continuing, but it is growing.

I tried to figure out why people would even joke about eating laundry detergent. Apparently, they remind adults of an oversized Fruit Gusher, and therefore look edible. I have tried to see others' point of view, but I cannot do it. There is absolutely nothing appetizing about eating soap.

And I know there have been some crazy meme trends, but this one has to be the worst in the history of the internet. People are discussing the unimaginable uses for tide pods.

There's a popular image of Tide Pods (thankfully) photoshopped into a Hot Pocket advertisement.

Even if they did taste like Fruit Gushers, why would you fill a hot pocket with them?! That is besides the point, though.

You would think that the internet would end at a photoshopped hot pocket advertisement, but this trend has been taken a step further. There is also the famous Tide Pods on pizza image that is circulating the internet.

This image, however, is sadly not photoshopped. Some genius that ruined a perfectly good pizza with Tide Pods. Did they actually eat the pizza? I'm not sure. But I do know that they could have made a safely edible pizza, but instead chose to make this horrible excuse for a meal. I'm pretty sure they insulted the entire town of Chicago, the whole state of New York, and every single Italian that has ever lived.

And let's not forget this fool who is trying to change the definition of fine dining.

Why can't they just annoyingly post every single one of their meals on Instagram like everybody else?

I am here to raise awareness on this issue, so we can put an end to the Tide Pod trend. The FCC is already going to kill the internet; there is no point in speeding up the process.There is absolutely no point in eating soap, or even joking about eating it. If you want to eat Fruit Gushers so bad, then just eat a Fruit Gusher! They still exist, and they're actually edible.

Please, take a stand and turn 2018 around.