2017 Will Be The Year You Quit Saying 'Tomorrow' And Start Saying 'Today'

Don't just say you're going to do it, actually do it.
9

How many years now have you said that your New Years Resolution will be to get back in shape and go to the gym? Probably quite a few. And maybe you start with good intentions and get a gym membership at your local gym and started for a couple weeks and then... well you know, the weather gets cold, you don't 'feel' like it, your gym clothes for that day are 'eh' and you were really going to go, but of course you forgot your hair tie. Then before you know it, its summertime and swimsuit season and you ask yourself why you made so many excuses back in January and then you blink your eyes again and its the new year and your back to making the same resolution.

Well, this is the year this vicious cycle stops. 2017 will be the year you take control and stick to your resolution of working out last more than just the first week of the new year. If you are really determined to do this, then what is stopping you? Is it really that cold that you can't bare to walk outside to your car? Do you really have so little time in your schedule that you can't spare a couple hours a week to dedicate to yourself?

Now, it's all mental and honestly you need to feel good about yourself before you even sign up for the gym. So, go to the mall and buy yourself that cool water bottle you've been eyeing overtime you see it. Go and buy yourself some leggings that absolutely love and some tops that make you feel good. Even buy yourself a really great pair of sneakers and a gym bag to put it all in. Put your bag in your car or by the door so you have no excuse to say you forgot your stuff that day and can't go. Make a playlist of songs that you love that you can listen to at the gym that will get you pumped up and ready to go. As soon as you catch yourself saying "Oh, I'll just skip today and go tomorrow" and tomorrow turns in to the next day, and the next day and then it's been a week, you know it's time to ask yourself why you made this resolution to yourself in the first place.

Do you want to lose a few pounds from the holidays? Get into lifting? Get back into the runner you were in high school? Or do it just to feel better about yourself? Then to quote my favorite company, Just Do It. Don't make any more excuses. Do whatever it takes to keep yourself motivated, make working out a lifestyle not just a one time thing. Trust me, you will feel better on the inside and out. Lay out your clothes the night before so when you wake up, they're the first thing you see. Set a million alarms that yell at you to get out of bed.

Make this year about you. After all, you are the most important person and taking care of yourself comes first. Leave the excuses behind in 2016.