2017: A New Year, A New Me

2017: A New Year, A New Me

Time to love myself more and make myself a priority.

14
Lifehack

2017, is the start of a new me.

Every start of a new year, hundreds of people make a new years resolution. Whether it be getting in shape, or eating healthier.

People want to make a change, so they do it.

They think once 2017 starts, they will automatically be different.

The problem is, they won't.

People will start going to the gym, but after a few months, they will not be motivated anymore.

They will stop going to the gym, they will find excuses and blow it off.

They want to change, but it takes dedication and motivation to be willing to make the change.

Of course, it sounds promising.

Of course, you think you'll be able to do it.

But it usually doesn't work out like that.

Unless you are committed to the change.

You shouldn't do it for the wrong reasons, do it because you want the change not because you feel like you should.

This year, I plan to make my resolutions stick.

I don't plan on slacking or letting them "just go".

That's why I'm making resolutions that I know I can do, that I know I'll personally be motivated to do.

I don't want to make ones that I know I can flake on a few months later.

I want ones that will change me to be a better person. I want the change this year and I'm committed.

That's why 2017 will be the year of me.

2017 won't be about anyone else, about competing with anyone else's resolutions.

I plan to be selfish and dedicate 2017 to just me.

My resolution is to change my lifestyle.

I don't want to feel as though I'm at a standstill.

I want to continue to grow and learn and I've realized where I have been won't let me be what I can become.

I want to prosper.

I want to make goals that I, personally can realistically reach.

I'm ready for the new year to bring out the good in me.

I'm ready to put myself first.

I've realized my energy into putting effort into everyone else, but myself is starting to hurt myself.

I'm tired of getting taken advantage of.

I'm tired of getting taken for granted.

2017 is the year for a change, a change for myself that will be forever.

I'm tired of letting people push me around.

I'm tired of never sticking up for myself.

This 2017, I'm going to express myself.

No longer will I squeal at confrontation.

No longer will I give in.

No longer will I put anyone else first.

I've learned so many times that no matter how many times I put someone before me, I always get hurt in the long run and I'm tired of getting hurt time after time.

2017 it's about me and me only.

I will put my priorities before everyone else.

I will love me before everyone else.

I'm sick and tired of loving and making an effort that I never receive back.

It honestly has my heart torn so many times that I'm honestly numb.

I'm tired of the only one feeling.

I'm tired of being used.

I'm tired of always being the one put on the back burner.

2017, will solely be based on working on myself and loving myself to full potential.

No more making everyone else happy before me.

For once, I want to be happy.

I want to love me.

I want to do what I want.

I don't want to waste time anymore.

This year is the year for me. :)