AFI, Wage War & Palisades: 7 Bands That Will Breakout In 2017

2016 was truly memorable but 2017 should bring new music and new breakout bands

81
AFI

2017: Who will breakout, and what new music is to come

With 2016 coming to a end, the year has been crazy for all of the right reasons. In 2016, gave the music world the return of iconic bands such as Blink-182, Sum 41, and Green Day with all of them dropping albums in the year. The music world saw the rise of the biggest headlining band to emerge from the scene which I mean Twenty One Pilots becoming a mainstream sociable band. But 2016 also gave us sadness, with Of Mice & Men cancelling shows and tours due to Austin's health problems, Austin Carlile going on twitter to tell his fans that he can never be better but just get by, and a lot more sad moments in 2016. So with 2017 around the corner, the question is who will breakout and who is getting new music. Without further a due, here is the list of bands that will either breakout or has new music to come.

1. The White Noise

Back in 2015, small band The White Noise signed with Fearless Records and were immediately on the Fresh Faces tour with other newcomers to Fearless Records. The White Noise consist of member Shawn Walker, David Southern, Tommy West, Bailey Crego, and Josh "KJ" Strock. Since their arrival, The White Noise has proven themselves that punk is not dead yet and brings back the style with songs like Bloom and Red Eye Lids. At first their fan base was small and almost cult-like as I should know as I have been listening to them and known them since the Fresh Faces tour. After the Fresh Faces tour, The White Noise has gone on tour with bands like Enter Shakari, Hands Like Houses, Dance, Gavin Dance, Chunk! No Captain, Chunk!, I see Stars, and fellow Fearless Record mate I Prevail. In the beginning of 2016, the band released their EP with Fearless titled Aren't You Glad? This ep showed everyone who were The White Noise and what they can do to the future of music.

After their tour with Dance, Gavin Dance, the band went back to LA to finish up their first ever album with Fearless Records. Even though no one knows what songs are on it yet, but I will give you a few these include Bloom, Red Eye Lids, and an untitled song that they have only performed on tour. So with a very successful 2016 year for The White Noise, what is next for them in 2017? A new album? Obviously Yes. New Tours? Again, obviously Yes. Headlining Tour? I strongly believe by the end of 2017 or early 2018 or maybe by 2020 the band will get their first ever headlining tour. Tour with Crown the Empire? Hopefully as the bands are best friends because of Bailey used to be the guitar technician for Crown the Empire. Will 2017 be great to them? a big capitalized YES because new music, new tours, seeing me at their shows like always. So 2017 should be interesting for this up and coming band.

2. Hollywood Undead

So mentioning Hollywood Undead is like finding a needle in a haystack as the band has not released anything in almost a 2 year period. This band from LA, last album was Day of the Dead which came out in 2015. A lot of people already know about this mainstream internationally known band as they have been on the scene since their formation in 2005. So what was their 2016 like mainly tours from here and there and then some touring internationally, but the band has remained quite about everything.

That all changed around 4-5 days ago as on the band's Instagram and their Instagram story has them producing, doing vocals, and mixing for something great that will come in 2017 hopefully. Rumors were speculating that in 2017, the band will not be wearing their masks anymore. I do not know if this is true as many places are saying yes and no. So guess we will have to wait and see in 2017 if the masks will reappear. 2017 new album? Hopefully. New tour? YES new US tour and international tour. New masks? Kind of hoping for new masks. Same crazy guys from LA? YES!

3. My Enemies and I

Back to unknown bands, the band My Enemies and I from Virginia signed with Fearless Records in 2015 and were also a part of the Fresh Faces tour with The White Noise. Since the Fresh Faces tour, the band has gone through some personal changes in their members. At first it was Jeff Hill, Griffin Kentner, Zach Jones, Ryan Ganster, and Ryan Hounshell. Then it was, Jeff, Griffin, Zach, Ryan, and Brandon Sellitti(replaced Ryan Hounshell). Now the members are Jeff, Zach, Ryan, and Brandon as Griffin has disappeared and the band had good friend Cameron Perry take Griffin's spot during their tour with I Prevail and Sworn In.

The band has brought darkness and worshiping to everything as the band wears black eye contacts except Jeff who has a black and white one, and the band also is emotionless when on stage to stay in character. Since signing to Fearless, the band released their debut EP titled Sick World as that was their title as well when the band used to be on Soundcloud. 2016 for the band looked promising as they were on tour with New Years Day, Sylar, I Prevail, Sworn In, Blameshift, and The White Noise. Right now, the band is currently producing their debut album from everything and if you want to watch then their Instagram story is where to find the progress or check Facebook live.

In 2017 will be when their debut album will release and will feature songs Yes man and the beast in me. New album? Yes indefinitely. New tours? Yes by a long mile to promote their new albums. Same member of the band? Uh.. Uh.. That is up to them but hopefully the same members. But 2017 should be a good year for the Congregation to follow their leaders

4. Palisades

Hailing from my home state of New Jersey comes the band Palisades. Palisades fuses hard rock, rap, electronic, and dance all in one band. The band was formed in 2011 and the band were signed to Rise Records in a quick time. The band already has many eps released back in 2011, and in 2013 the band dropped their first album titled Outcasts. In this album has their songs Outcasts and High and Low as Outcast had Andy Leo from Crown The Empire in it and High and Low had Tyler Carter from Issues in it too. In 2015, the band released their second album titled Mind Games which focused on their new look of hard rock, rap, electronic and dance music all fused together.

Also in 2015, Palisades performed on the entire 2015 Warped tour circuit. Since their arrival in 2011, Palisades has been on tour throughout the US and in Europe as they are internationally known. Palisades has gone on tour with Crown The Empire, Set It Off, Hands Like Houses, Secrets, The Word Alive, I See Stars, and Eskimo Callboy. The band went quite in the music release in 2016 until their single release titled Fall and last month the band announced working on their third album titled Palisades. Palisades in 2017 run down: new music? Yes because of their self-titled album. New tour? Hopefully yes. Headlining tour? Obviously yes as they are on a headlining tour right now

5. Wage War

The band from Ocala, Florida has easily taken the heavy metal scene by storm and are now becoming internationally recognized. The band formed in 2010 under a different band name called Empires. But by 2015, they changed their name to Wage War, brought in their lead screamer Briton and signed with Fearless Records. While on their Fresh Faces tour with My Enemies and I, The White Noise and Ice Nine Kills, the band's first album dropped called Blueprints. From the 11 tracks on Blueprints, each one shows passion, hard times (Youngblood), and going harder in tone than the last.

The members consist of Briton Bond, Seth Blake, Cody Quistad, Chris Gaylord, and Stephen Kluesener. Since their signing to Fearless and their Fresh Faces, the guys have encountered touring a lot, gaining global recognition, and have thousands of dedicated fans. The band has toured with Chelsea Grin, Lorna Shore, Oceans Ate Alaska, The Amity Affliction, Northlane, and For Today. The band has played Warped tour 2016 in its entire circuit, and they are going to play Rock on the Range and Carolina Rebellion. After some time waiting, the band announced their next album sometime in 2017 and no title or anything has been released. Only thing the band has put down on their social media sites and their website is LP2017. 2017 for Wage War: new music? Yes. new tour? Obviously yes. Festivals? Carolina Rebellion and Rock on the Range. Headlining tour? Strongly believe by 2018 the band will have their first ever headlining tour.

6. New Years Day

Now comes the dark, heavy, front lady band from California called New Years Day. First of all no they are not like the holiday, New Years Day because they are completely different from the holiday. The band formed back in 2005, and took charge in the ever popular Myspace records (same record company that Hollywood Undead was originally signed to). The band also lead the idea of their fans doing the half and half hair just like Ash Costello does, and like the original Harley Quinn did (Ash's favorite comic book villain other than the Joker). Since their formation in 2005, the band has released four EPs, three studio albums, and has been apart of multiple complication albums. Their third studio album titled Malevolence which came out just last year.

The band since forming in 2005 has gone on tour with Ice Nine Kills, Motionless In White, Crown The Empire, Sylar, and Too Close to Touch, and was also apart of the 2015 Vans Warped tour circuit. Also, the band in 2015 did their first ever headlining tour titled the Other Side which included Get Scared, Eyes Set to Kill, The Relapse Symphony, and Darksiderz. Which in 2016, the band did another headlining tour with Sylar, My Enemies and I, and Blameshift that ranged from late April to early May. To end 2016, the band just finished their last tour of the year on The Retrograde Tour which was headlined by Crown The Empire, Blessthefall, Too Close to Touch, and Light Up the Sky. Now the band is enjoying their time off and will soon begin to record their fourth studio album. The album still has no album title and the release date is set for sometime in 2017. So 2017 for New Years Day, new album? Hopefully yes. New tour? Yes by a mile. New headlining tour? Hoping that by 2017 the band will have their third headlining tour. Warped tour? Speculating that they will be on Warped Tour 2017.

7. AFI

So now comes a band that has been in the music industry for some time. Does 25 years seem acceptable? Yes it does, 25 years and this band is already set to release their tenth studio album. The band was formed in 1991 in the Bay Area of California, and quickly took the early 90's music industry by storm. The members are Davey Havock (vocals), Adam Carson (drums), Jade Puget (guitar/background vocals), and Hunter Burgan (bass). The band was originally a punk band but in the 25 years the band has progressed from punk. The bands first studio album was in 1995 (the year that I was born) titled Answer that and Stay Fashionable. From 1995-2000, the band had an album coming out once a year except for 1998 which the albums were Very Proud of Ya (1996), Shut Your Moth and Open Your Eyes (1997), Black Sails in the Sunset (1999), and The Art of Drowning (2000).

Then from 2003-2013, the band had albums coming out every three years which were titled Sing the Sorrow (2003), December Underground (2006), Crash Love (2009), and Burials (2013). The band in their 25 year tenure has toured with Green Day, Gallows, Linkin Park, and Thrity Seconds to Mars. Their tenth studio album is titled AFI: The Blood Album and already has a release date which is January 20th, 2017, also that is the first day of their tour. Their 2017 tour starts January 20th and goes until February 21st with Souvenirs, Nothing, and The Chain Gang of 1974 all as supporting acts. So 2017 for AFI, new music? Yes with their new album. New tour? Yes and especially that it is a headlining tour. Headlining tour? Yes in January. So 2017 should be a memorable year for this 25 year old band.

So here were some bands that will make it in 2017 or have new music in 2017. From bands as young as The White Noise to bands of age as AFI, 2017 can produce everyone's favorite bands/musicians from making 2017 a memorable year. Also, 2016 has had some moments, but 2017 will bring greater moments in the future.