Upcoming Movies

Upcoming Movies

"Today is a good day to die."- Nelson 'Flatliners'

30
Upcoming Movies
Rogue Highways

In one of my articles, I showed you trailers of some movies coming out in the new year that I wanted to see. The article was from January to May. Now, June is around the corner, and I'm going to list some movies I'm looking forward to, or my husband is looking forward to.

June:

1. “The Mummy

Trailer from New Trailer Buzz

“The Mummy” is a remake of “The Mummy” films that started in 1999. The series gave us “The Mummy” (1999),” The Mummy Returns” (2001), “The Mummy Returns” (2001) PlayStation 2 game, “The Mummy: Secrets of the Medjai” (2001-2003), “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor” (2008) and a spin-off series “The Scorpion King” (2002), which lead to “The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior” (2008), “The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption” (2012) and “The Scorpion King 4: Quest for Power” (2015). “The Scorpion King” series even brought us “The Scorpion King: Rise of the Akkadian” (2002), a Nintendo Gamecube video game. Though the “The Mummy” series, starring Brendan Fraser, is adventure and comedy, the latest version of “The Mummy” takes a serious tone and stars Tom Cruise.

2. “Amityville: The Awakening

Trailer from Movieclips Trailers

A mother and her kids, one disabled, moves into the cursed home. Strange phenomena’s start to happen. It’s Amityville, so what else can I say?

July:

1. “Wish Upon

Trailer from Movieclips Trailers

From the director, John R. Leonetti, who worked on “The Conjuring” and “Insidious,” comes a movie about a girl who discovers a magical wishing box where a wish can be deadly.

August:

1. “The Dark Tower

Video from IGN

From the mind of Stephen King comes the Gunslinger, Roland Deschain. “The Dark Tower” is part of a series of books, comics and a game app called Discordia created by the King of Horror. There's a rumor that Ron Howard (who produced the movie alongside Stephen King) is talking about creating a television series, either as a companion to the movie or an adaptation of the books.

2. “Annabelle: Creation

Trailer from JoBlo Movie Trailers

We get taken back in time to see how “Annabelle” came to be. Annabelle is part of “The Conjuring” universe. Be warned: “The Nun” will be making her way to the silver screen next year.

September:

1. “IT"

Trailer from Entertainment Access

Stephen King is back once more. In this film, we re-visit the town of Derry, Main. It’s been 27 years, and Pennywise is back. The last time we saw Pennywise was back in 1990 in a two-part mini-series on ABC, starring Tim Curry as Pennywise. Now, Bill Skarsgård has taken over the role of Pennywise. Do you think he'll do an excellent job? Respect the past, embrace the future.

2. “Flatliners

1990 Trailer from PennyKeating10

If you've seen the original movie “Flatliners” (1990), then you watched medical students play life and death just to have near death experiences and record the results. The storyline is the same in the 2017 version. The only difference is it's a new generation of students. However, one stays the same: Nelson played by Kiefer Sutherland. His character is in the original, and he's reprising the role in the 2017 movie. Rumor has it he'll be playing a professor who changed his name to escape from the event 27 years ago. If this is true, then it proves one can't escape their past.

October:

1. “Blade Runner: 2049

Trailer from Warner Bros. Pictures

The film is a sequel to “Blade Runner” starring Harrison Ford who plays ex-cop Rick Deckard in the year 2019. He assassinates androids that look like real people. 30 years later, a new blade runner named K goes searching for Rick Deckard.

2. “Saw: Legacy

Jigsaw is back! Bodies are piling up around town, and all the evidence points to a dead guy. Is John Kramer back from the dead, or is there a new player in town?

November:

1. “Thor: Ragnarok

Trailer from Entertainment Access

Thor is back in action! This time he's imprisoned with short hair and no hammer. My husband can't wait for the movie to come out.

December:

1. “Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Trailer from Star Wars

It’s a Star Wars movie, enough said.

2. “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Original Trailer from Joseph S.A.

I'm holding off on what to say about this. It sounds like a modern version of the 1995 classic “Jumanji.”

Unknown 2017:

1. “Jeepers Creepers III

At first, I thought this installment would be Trish’s revenge on the Creeper killing her brother Darry. Per Bloody Disgusting, this movie takes place between the first movie and the second movie. If so, they need to drop the “III” and replace the three with something like “Jeepers Creepers: Task Force.” I suggest a title like this because the movie is about Sgt. Tubbs assembling a task force to take down the Creeper while it terrorizes a local farming community.

So, there it is. What I want to see at the movies. What movie are you looking forward to seeing?