A Recount of All The Horrible Events From This Year

2016 was horrible...and it was a leap year

17

Some optimists might argue that 2016 wasn't actually a bad year just filled with a few horrible coincidences. They blame the unreasonably high slew of celebrity deaths on age. They think that so many celebrities died because they are getting old, and with age comes more health complications. But many of celebrities were not that old. 2016 is just a bad year, let me prove it to you in no particular order:

1. Trump as President

Everyone I know is sad. I don't understand how you can celebrate the presidency of a man who ran for President to boost his own ego and tricked all of his supporters into thinking that he will actually help them.

This is the second time our electoral college has cheated us of our elected President.

He represents racism, discrimination, and sexism and has brought those concepts out in the country. He is the very definition of its easier said than done. He says things and then he backtracks because he is realizing that it is too difficult. Trump is a con man.

He started a war on the media. Now half the country thinks that CNN and national news outlets qualify as "fake news" and the only news sources they should get news from is the biased Fox News and Breitbart "news". Everyone who doesn't praise him is "wrong" or "unqualified."

Even right now, when the CIA is stated clearly that Russia meddled in our elections and helped Trump to win, he is dismissing the claim. If he actually believed in American ideals, he would know and support the actions President Obama started.

The election made me realize how susceptible people are to chants, bigotry, and a loud voice that doesn't respect facts. Problem is, if Trump is impeached, Pence becomes President. So which one of the two evils is slightly less evil?

2. Obama is leaving the White House

We didn't appreciate the wonderful and classy role models the Obama's have been. Nobody realized that Obama has been such a fantastic president. He decreased the unemployment rate, ensured millions of people, ended the Iraq War that was draining our resources, and fought for equal rights for everyone (LGBTQ, women, and all people of color). Read more about his wonderful accomplishments here that will silence all those haters saying that Obama didn't do anything: http://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/marchapril-2...

3. Brexit

UK has voted to leave the EU, which dropped the pound to a devastating low. The pound still isn't doing very well.

4. Refugee Crisis

There has been a large exodus of people leaving Syria because of the devastating and unlivable conditions there. People are being massacred and the ones who manage to leave are being discriminated against as terrorists.

Australia is one of the worst countries to be a refugee in; they are treating refugees as prisoners where they live in abysmal conditions in an isolated island, away from civilization.

5. George Michael Dies

2016 is cruel and savage.

George Michael, who sang the holiday classic, Last Christmas, died on Christmas while listening to his song, Last Christmas.

6. Prince Died and David Bowie died

We lost such talented and creative inspirations. RIP

7. The death of Alan Rickman

I absolutely adore the Harry Potter movies, and physically cannot imagine Snape as anybody else. The series made our childhood and his wonderful performance and uniquely beautiful voice contributed a great deal to that. RIP

8. Carrie Fisher dies and then her mother dies

Carrie Fisher's mom, Debbie Reynolds, died the day after her daughter died. It might be skeptics, but some say she died from heartbreak. The two were very close. Reynolds was in "Singing in the Rain" and was one of the last actresses from Hollywood's Golden Age.

9. Even more deaths

Yeah, this isn't normal. There are so, so many deaths. It felt like every few weeks we were mourning someone we admired, like the strong Muhammad Ali.

Here's a complete and tragically long list of celebrities death this year: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-year-in-revi...

10. Zika Virus

Would a terrible year be incomplete without a disease?

11. Police Brutality

12. Hurricane Matthew

This picture looks like a creepy face staring at you... is it Matthew?

It has been a bad year for general public events, but if you had a personally great year that's great and you shouldn't press your luck.

My only fear is that if 2016 was this bad, what does 2017 have in store?