Why The 2016 Presidential Election Will Be The Most Memorable Of Them All

The 2016 Presidential election is so crazy, that there is no way it won't be forgotten.

32
Will Hillary Win

Out of 45 Presidential elections, the presidential election running for the 45th President will be the most memorable. There were several famous people running for president, several first time occurrences that have made history and possible future events that could make history.

Donald Trump will be one of the most memorable candidates, who is now the presumptive republican nominee. This reality TV star has said his fair share of offensive comments, outrageous accusations, and just completely mean statements going towards other candidates, which all have made him so memorable. Surprisingly, his behavior not only made so many people hate him, but also made so many people love him. It’s 50/50 if the population liked him or not. You were either on the “Trump train” or not. His inappropriate behavior made him the star on all political TV stations, which again, have caused Trump to have so many followers or so many people saying, “He should die.” His name calling like, “Little Marco,” “Crooked Hillary,” “Lying’ Ted” and “Low energy Jeb!” have brought much attention to Donald and made his campaign entertaining. His idea of building a wall in between Mexico and the United States of America will also be remembered as the strangest idea any candidate has ever proposed. He will also be known as one of the most unconventional figures either party has put forward in modern times. Donald Trump has also made history and could make history himself. Donald Trump is the first candidate, and possibly president, to own a chain of hotels and casinos. He has earned more votes than any Republican primary candidate ever. If elected, he will be the oldest president to be inaugurated into presidency in history. One very interesting fact is that Donald Trump has been said to be one of the most disliked candidates in all of polling history.

This election will also be memorable due to another candidate, Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton, is well, a Clinton. The Clintons are most known for committing crimes and getting away with it. Right before and during her campaign for being president, she was in a Benghazi scandal, which made her hated before and during her campaign. Her promotion for women’s rights has made many cheer for Clinton, but also has confused many. All of her ideas she has said she will fight for in women’s rights are already said in the constitution. Clinton has also made history and could possibly make history herself as well. Hillary Clinton is the first First Lady to run for president. She is also the first women to be a party’s presumptive nominee (and soon to be nominee). If elected, she will also be the oldest president to be inaugurated into presidency in history. Just like Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton is also one of the most disliked presidential candidates in all of polling history.

Bernie Sanders, a candidate who dropped out recently, has also made this election more memorable than any other election in history. His very old age, being a democratic-socialist, and campaigning for “free college for everyone” made him very popular and you could not forget Bernie. You could especially not forget his campaign slogan “Feel the Bern.” Bernie Sanders has also made history and could have made history. Bernie Sanders is first Jewish candidate in history to win a presidential primary election. Bernie is also the oldest presidential candidate in US history. Sanders also had record breaking amounts of small donations from ordinary people in his election in history. If he were to become president, he would also be the oldest president to be inaugurated into presidency in history.

Ben Carson, Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush have made this election memorable as well. Ben Carson, a well-known surgeon ran for president. He was known for being the first surgeon to separate conjoined twins. It was very interesting how great and famous of a surgeon ran for president. Ted Cruz, a Canadian born man born from a US citizen made it a huge debate if he could be president or not since he wasn’t born in an America and it states in the Constitution that to be a president, you must be a natural born citizen. The debate on what the definition of “natural born” meant became a big deal. Ted Cruz did make history though; he was the first candidate of Hispanic descent that won a presidential primary. Jeb Bush wasn’t very interesting himself, but his last name made history. Three family members from the Bush family ran for president. There have been two cases where two family members became president, but it would have been very interesting that there could have been three if he could have become president.

This election will be told to our children and put in history book for the future generations to learn about the most interesting and crazy election in all of history. The fascinating candidates, how much history was made and will be made within these two years of campaigning and elections for presidency, and how there were 17 candidates running in the republican party this election year alone! I can’t wait to hear the comments of the future generations when being taught about the 2016 presidential election.