Dear 2016 Me

Dear 2016 Me

Cheers to the new year.
8

2016 me,

It is a new year. Of course, that tends to mean a new year, new me. As Sharpey would say, "out with the old and in with the new." Just because it is a new year does not technically mean it is a new you however. You are still the same you that you were on December 31st at 11:59pm, it is just a different year.

In 2016, things will change. You will change. Do not be afraid of the change. Make this year the best year yet. Do not dwell on previous new year resolutions, instead, focus on what you want to change this year.

This year, be who you are with no regrets. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Do the things you love even if they may seem weird to others. Do what you want to do, be who you want to be, feel what you want to feel regardless of what others may think.

This year, travel. If you have an opportunity to go on a vacation then do it. Take time to see the world, especially while you are still young. Don't settle for the same town that you have been spending your entire life in, go somewhere new. One day you won't be able to see it anymore, take advantage of the Earth's wonder and beauty while you still can.

This year, save money. No matter how much you think you may need that new pair of shoes, trust me, you don't actually need them. Save your money for your future or put it towards something monumental. Save your money so that you can travel or so that you can do something that you absolutely love.

This year, free yourself from negative energy. The people, places or environments that cause you to feel down or bring a negative energy into your life no longer need to exist. There are plenty of people in this world who will bring joy, happiness and hope into your life. Stay positive and stay happy. Do not waste time on people or things that are not bettering you.

This year, remember to be kind. We often forget to treat others how we would want to be treated. We tend to forget that other people have feelings too and that we are not the only one's in this world who matter. Channel your positive spirit and your happiness towards others. Have courage and be kind each and every day.

This year, have fun. Keep in mind that you do only live once so make this year be one to remember. Make memories and have fun while making them. Go out and do something that you have been wanting to do, or do something you know you enjoy. No matter what, just make sure you have fun.

2016 is just around the corner, so be ready for it. Let 2016 be another year of learning, growing, mistake making and happiness. Give people outside your social circle a chance, keep your options open and do not take this year for granted. Enjoy every single minute of it.

Here is to a new year, not a new you. Cheers to 2016, may it be the best year yet!