7 Terrible 2000s Rock Songs That You Secretly Love

Everyone has their guilty pleasures, and if you grew up in the 2000's, some of these songs are probably yours.

29

If you grew up in the 2000s, you have probably sung the lyrics to at least one of these songs at the top of lungs.

1. Lips Of An Angel by Hinder

A classic song about infidelity and having to "choose" the right woman. Songs about people not being able to get over previous loved ones seemed to be very prevalent in the 2000s. Hinder certainly isn't a remarkable band, but no one who's heard this song can deny that the chorus pulls their heartstrings.

2. Wherever You Will Go by The Calling

Everyone remembers The Calling for babyfaced lead singer Alex Band. To this day, I can't understand how such a deep and mesmerizing voice can come out of a Jesse McCartney stunt double. Wherever You Will Go was their only hit, and every time it comes on the radio people still seem to bob their heads, if only just a little bit.

3. Photograph by Nickelback

Yes, it's Nickelback. Yes, they're the most hated band of all time. Yes, this is still a good song.

4. Blurry by Puddle Of Mudd

Most people have probably forgotten that Puddle of Mudd ever existed, but no one can deny that this song puts them in their feelings when it comes on. Also, as is a common theme with most of these songs, the chorus is just too catchy to resist.

5. Over You by Daughtry

Hopes were high for Chris Daughtry after winning American Idol in 2006. I guess someone hurt him between that time and when he released Over You in 2007.

6. Absolutely (Story of a Girl) by Nine Days

Another band that people probably don't remember, yet it doesn't seem to matter if people remember the band or even the name of this song because everyone remembers the chorus. I still have friends who will yell the first line "this is the story of a girl" and will receive the call back "who cried a river and drowned the whole world" from the entire room.

7. Higher by Creed

Even though this song technically was released in 1999, I think it still qualifies. Creed, like every other band in this list, is often criticized for sounding like, well, every other band in this list. It's another song that you have to take with a grain of salt, but if you decide to give in to the generic gravely voiced sound, you'll find yourself glad you did.