20 Ways To Be Selfish In Your 20s

20 Ways To Be Selfish In Your 20s

Treat yo self.

93
20 Ways To Be Selfish In Your 20s
Elvia A

Everyone has heard that your 20s is one of the best times in your life. Your independent, starting a new chapter, and figuring yourself out. And in order to get there, you have to do a few things for yourself. Therefore, here are 20 ways that you should be selfish in your 20s:

1. It's okay to say no. If your friends ask you to hang out, but you have other stuff going on, it's okay to say no. If you're asked to work extra, but you don't have time, it's okay to say no. Even if you just need downtime, say no to extra stress in your life.

2. Push yourself for new job opportunities. You don't have to have the job of your dreams, but having fun and making friends while working sure does make it go by faster. You may even get some perks out of it.

3. You don’t owe anyone anything. Even if you have known them forever or have a ton of history. If someone is toxic, let them go.

4. Guess what? It’s okay to use up your vacation time. You’re not a bad worker for taking off one week to de-stress. Enjoy your time off without letting the guilt get to you.

5. Swipe that card. You want a new pair of sunglasses? Get them. You think you deserve a shopping spree for your hard work? Charge it. Saving sucks, but it's smart. Spending sucks, but it feels so good.

6. Go to your friends with your problem. They tell you their problems, so there is nothing wrong with turning around and asking them for help and advise. In fact, they'll probably love that you are opening up to them.

7. Go to school and get the degree because YOU want it. You're the one stuck with your job forever. Don't chose a major you hate just because it pays well. Do what you love and the money will follow.

8. If you like someone tell them. If you don't like someone, let them know. If you don't have time for a friendship/relationship, that's okay. If you want one desperately, tell the person how you feel. Life is too short to beat around the bush and avoid conflict or hide your feelings.

9. Stop caring about what people think of you. Dance like a fool. Wear clothes that aren't in style. Be basic. Do whatever the hell you want to do. If people like you, you will know. If people don't like you, you will know. Don't let that ruin your fun.

10. Give when you can. Whether it's time or a gift, if it's simply too much, your friends and family will understand. But if you have the time/money, little things can go a long way.

11. Go to bed early. Sleep in. It's okay to sleep when you have time for it because, at this rate, we need all the sleep we can get.

12. Take advantage of free stuff. It's not often you're offered things for free. Take advantage. No matter if it's pizza or a t-shirt. Free is free.

13. Take a break from your phone. Get outside. Go on a walk. Write. Even if you want to nap or just spend time with friends, there is nothing wrong with putting your phone on 'Do not disturb'.

14. It’s okay to stay in. In fact saying no to a party feels incredibly good sometimes. If you want to watch Netflix, FaceTime your mom or simply get so Z's, do it. If you aren't feeling it, don't force yourself to feel it.

15. Spend money on adventures. Yeah, new clothes and shoes are nice, but seeing Drake and Future in concert is way better. Spend a day in a big city. Treat yourself to a nice dinner with some friends. Save money for a road trip. You won't have time like this when you're older.

16. You don't always have to put others first. It's okay to do things for you and only you.

17. Let the small things go. If you get an annoying text or someone is giving you attitude, brush it off and have a glass of wine. They aren't worth the stress.

18. Don't be afraid to try new foods. Try new diets. Be vegan because it makes you feel good, not because it's "popular". If you want a pizza, a coke and a chocolate cake, get it girl.

19. You’re not selfish for rejecting the idea of marriage at age 20. Or even dating. Just because people from your high school are doing it, doesn't mean you have to. You'll fall in love when you're ready. Until then, have some fun.

20. Move away from home. It’s good to start a new chapter in your life. Don’t feel like you can't move because you don't have a job or don't want to leave family/friends. New atmospheres are good for you.