20 Ways To Procrastinate During Finals

20 Ways To Procrastinate During Finals

Ran out of ways to procrastinate? Here's some more for you.

20
20 Ways To Procrastinate During Finals
Tumblr

Finals are coming up and we all know what that means...it's time to find other things to do besides studying. If you're like me, it's the time of year where you overuse your biggest talent: procrastination. You've trained for it all semester by avoiding small projects, papers, and assignments until the last minute and now is your time to really shine and show your true procrastination skills. You will find anything and everything to do during this week that doesn't involve going to the library or opening up a book. If you run out of your own ideas, don't worry, I've got you covered with many more:

1. Read this article

Hey, you're off to a great start. Congratulations.

2. Become a YouTube commenter

It's how most people get rid of their built-up emotions, right? Let out all your feelings in the comment section of Youtube.

3. Have a dance party

Whether you are with people or alone, just crank up the music and dance your final exam worries away.

4. Become an ordained minister

There are online classes for that. And if becoming a minister really isn't your thing, there are plenty of other online classes you could take in hopes of continuing your procrastination quest.

5. Literally run away from studying

Go for a run and just keep going. Channel your inner Forest Gump and don't stop running. See how far you can make it.

6. Clean

And if you run out of things to clean, make a mess and start over.

7. Watch Vine

If you don't have an account, make one, then go waste countless hours watching six-second videos. You'll start watching them at 8 p.m. and before you know it, it's 2 a.m.

8. Bake something

Bake a "Good Luck on Finals" cake for you and your friends. Really make sure to spend the extra time and perfect the frosting, too.

9. Go shopping

Even if you don't need anything, just go shopping anyways. It's a great way to leave your textbooks behind and procrastinate.

10. Explore your artsy side

You could make some crafts, maybe draw a little bit. Take out your finals frustration on a canvas and go completely Jackson Pollock on it.

11. Learn an instrument

Just pick out your instrument of choice and then watch YouTube tutorials. Also, be prepared for your roommates to tell you to stop playing or for them to completely kick you out because they are actually studying.

12. Buy a dog

If you don't already have a dog, go buy one. And if you already have one...well, go buy another one.

13. Train the dog

Time to teach your new dog some new tricks! Once again, YouTube is probably the answer for this one, too.

14. Alphabetize things

DVDs, textbooks, items in the pantry, etc. You name it, and it could probably be alphabetized.

15. Or, color code them

It's a personal preference. You could even do both if you're feeling really ambitious.

16. Start a new Netflix series

Or continue an old one. Just binge-watch Netflix for hours upon hours.

17. Write a book

It could be about anything. It could be a survival guide to finals (that would be ironic), a mystery, a love story, anything.

18. Tweet at random celebrities

Or companies. Annoy them with your love...or hate. It's totally up to you, just make sure to keep tweeting at them. Maybe you'll even get a response.

19. Make a schedule of when/how you will study

You probably won't follow the schedule and continue to procrastinate. So, I guess you'll just have to make a new one then.

20. And, my personal favorite: take a nap

Sleep is probably the best way to procrastinate, in my opinion. You're relaxed, not stressed, just dreaming of summer.