20 Things You Must Do Before Summer Is Over

There's only so much time left to check everything off your summer bucket list.

5
Total Sorority Move

Summer is coming to an end, and it just doesn't seem possible. Wasn't it just June? If you're like me you still have a lot of things you'd like to accomplish before summer is over and school starts back up again. Here are some things you should for sure accomplish before summer is over. Even if you've already done a few of them this summer, do them again. You won't regret it.

1. Go to the beach.

Summer really is all about the beach.

2. Watch fireworks.

Old Orchard Beach has them every Thursday at 9:45.

3. Go swimming in a lake.

The water isn't freezing and it's always so peaceful.

4. Go boating, kayaking or canoeing.

If you don't have a boat or know anyone with one, consider renting a kayak or canoe for the day. It's not very expensive and it's a nice and peaceful. You can enjoy the water while staying dry.

5. Go to the beach at night.

Star gaze, look for seashells or just walk along the beach and enjoy the peacefulness of the night.

6. Have or go to a bonfire.

There's nothing better on a summer night than a bonfire, and the smell of a fire.

7. Go to a drive-in movie.

Go to the drive-in, pop the trunk, get some blankets and pillows, bring some snacks, and enjoy a movie outside. (Try to avoid rainy days.)

8. Visit with the animals at the animal shelter.

Whether you're a dog person or a cat person, the animal shelter is the place for you. The animals are so cute and sweet, and they love when people come to play with them.

9. Go out for ice cream.

Try somewhere new, somewhere that makes their own ice cream, if you can.

10. Explore somewhere new and beautiful.

Whether somewhere new is five minutes away or 50, look up some summer tourist must-sees and go. There is nothing better than exploring somewhere new and breathtaking.

11. Watch the sunset.

From the beach, a hike, or from your backyard, stop everything else you're doing and just watch the sunset. Take some pictures. (But don't post to your snapchat story, because chances are everyone else sees it, too.)

12. Go to a fair.

Enjoy the large amounts of people, see old friends, and meet new ones.

13. Eat something deliciously awful for you at the fair.

Fried Oreos: mmmmm.

14. Make s'mores.

S'mores over a campfire is the best thing ever. Try different candy bars instead of a plain Hershey bar, like a Snickers, Twix, or Milky Way.

15. Go to a concert.

They hold free concerts on the lawn at L.L.Bean all summer.

16. Go fishing.

Wake up early and go fishing in a nearby stream or lake.

17. Enjoy a nice Maine Lobster Roll.

I beg of you, not from McDonalds. Did you even have a summer if you didn't have a lobster roll from Maine? The answer is no.

18. Go to a baseball game.

Even if you get the cheapest seats, just go.

19. Float in a pool (or in any body of water, really) all day.

Grab your float and just float all day long. Try not to fall asleep and fry yourself. Just enjoy the task of having to do absolutely nothing all day.

20. Enjoy every last minute of sunshine and 90-degree weather, because soon enough it'll be snowing and 13 degrees and you'll look back and wish it was summer again.

While we all complain about it being too hot and too muggy, in four months we'll be begging for summer back when we have to drive in the snowstorms and wear five layers just to keep from freezing. Trust me when I say you'll miss this, so make the most of the very little time we have left.