20 Things To Do When The Power Goes Out

20 Things To Do When The Power Goes Out

We're all adults here, we can handle a little darkness, right?
9

Welcome to Tallahassee, Florida, where the power goes out more than you might. As you know, this semester has hit hard, class and weather wise. While some apartment complexes have the upper hand fighting a storm, mine ultimately does not. My power has gone out four times this semester alone (no shame to my complex y'all are great). During these little fiascoes we lost food, service, and possibly our sanity. If you're like me, you spend your down time sleeping or binge watching Dexter. Well, when the power goes out, your plans may change just a tad.

So here are 20 things you could do the next time your stuck sitting in the dark (P.S. stalk up on candles now). I may or may not have done everything on this list.

1. Got ice cream? Eat it. It'll be a milkshake if you don't.

2. Go to Walmart.

3. Pick up Hershey's, marshmallows, and graham crackers.

4. Pretend to have a mini campfire with candles.

5. Eat s'mores.

6. Take a nap (hours and hours long).

7. Play Poker/Solitaire (everyone has a deck of cards around somewhere).

8. Have your entire floor throw a party.

9. Have a 20 second dance party.

10. Repeat #9 as much as possible.

11. Dislike people? Read a book.

12. Go outside and investigate.

13. School has power? Grab that free wifi!

14. Do your homework (you have nothing better to accomplish).

15. Play chubby bunny with the marshmallows you bought (please don't choke).

16. Take another nap.

17. Contemplate what you could be doing if the power was on.

18. Phone dies? The apocalypse has begun.

19. Find your inner caveman/woman.

20. Remember that it's just the dark/no service and we've all survived worse.