20 Things To Learn Before 20, So You Won't Need To Rely On That 20/20 Hindsight

You will more than likely not find your soulmate before you're 21.

56
Heidi Mae Brown

Eventually, some of these things will mean something to you, and you'll definitely relate to what I am about to tell you. It'll take a couple of tries of trying to figure out all of these by yourself, but I decided to help you out there since I'm turning 20 myself.

1. You will more than likely not find your soulmate before you're 21.

You'll probably won't find your soulmate before you're 21... so why worry? Why worry about finding someone when they could just look for you? Eventually, you'll find the right one, if they're in front of you.

2. You may eventually try an alcoholic drink before you turn 21.

Eventually, you’ll go to a party and get drunk and it will be your first drink ever. I mean, maybe you just want to have a good time and drink a few with a couple of good friends.

3. You will eventually admit your love to someone.

Usually when you're "exploring" you'll admit your love to someone, and you probably won't get the response back that you wanted, which means life isn't fair.

4. As you turn 20, you probably won't have your plans figured out.

It's OK not to have your life figured out. Maybe you'll be in the living room on the couch being lazy watching Netflix with nothing to do in life, and then you're partying with some of your friends who like to party hard and raising Hell.

5. You will (more than likely) get your driver's license.

It'll be the happiest moment of your life. The freedom of driving alone by yourself and not being taught by a backseat passenger driver.

6. You could be hanging out with someone you used to hate.

You could be hanging out with someone you used to hate back in high school, and before you know it, y'all are hanging out.

7. You will eventually move out into your own apartment

You will move out of your parents' house and into your own place and feel independent.

8. As you get older, you know the motto "it's just another day" is true

Once you get older, your birthday is just another day. And you could not care less. Maybe you count down to your birthday, and then, the day of, you don't care because it's another day in your life.

9. Eventually, the drama will fade and you will become sick of it.

As you grow older, the drama just fades and you don't listen to it anymore.

10. Freak out about every aspect of your life.

Maybe you're a college student and you're freaking out about what you're going to do in life.

11. Do something risky...

Record a video and post it on YouTube. Go cliff diving. Kiss a stranger. Jump out of an airplane.

12. As you grow, you will eventually say that it is OK to change opinions.

You are entitled to your own damn opinion!!! However, you can change, that's OK.

13. You can only make yourself happy. No one else!

You're only making yourself happy. No one else matters. Stop pleasing everyone to make them happy. In the end, it's all about you!

14. Eventually, stop asking your parents for money and start growing up.

Eventually, you'll see that your parents aren't going to be here forever...and you will stop asking for money and be independent and make your own, and possibly pay your parents back for the hell you put them through...

15. People will come and go in and out of your life as they please

People can come and go as they please. I always say, "Here's the damn door, don't let it hit you on the way out!"

16. Go traveling to someplace where you can be yourself.

Go traveling on your own, with no one and be by yourself. TREAT YO'SELF

17. When you turn 20, you're still a kid at heart.

If you're like me, I love to watch reruns of "ICarly," "Jessie" and kids' movies on TV or Netflix. Hell, I still watch "Franklin," "Little Bear" and "Clifford" and "Snoopy," of course!

18. Have a summer fling.

You need a babe. Find someone you can be with for three months so you can pay attention to school.

19. Fall in love at least once with someone you know.

Maybe you're like me and found your soulmate, and you're still in love with that person.

20. If you're one to not love or like your life, You NEED to change it now.

What if you don't like your life? You need to change your paths. Do something for you.