Life can be hard. Especially for teenagers. They are going through life changes, and then high school is added on top of that. Here is some advice I have to anyone under twenty.
- Life is too short. Take those risks, and deal with the possible consequences later.
- Stay a kid at heart. There is no need to be serious all the time.
- You have your whole life ahead of you. Do not feel the need to compete with others.
- Buy that concert ticket.
- Do not feel the need to party every weekend. If fun to you is laying back on your couch and watching a movie, then do it.
- Do not let society change you.
- Dye your hair that crazy color. Try that new makeup trend.
- People are always going to try and tear you down. It's nothing you did.
- You're not a burden. Confide in who you need to.
- Love who you are. Every part of you.
- Don't take anything for granted, because it could be gone in the blink of an eye.
- Don't lie to fit into a certain group of friends. It is not worth it, and you don't want to lose yourself in the process.
- High school won't matter after graduation.
- Eat that burger.
- Don't ever think you're not good enough.
- Don't spend your time on a boy who doesn't give you time back.
- Don't let people put limits on you.
- Defy the odds.
- Do whatever makes you happy.
- Soak in every moment you have. Time flies.
Please do not let anyone, or anything change who you are. Stay true to yourself, and remember to always live in the moment.
“Life is too short to be serious.” – Cory Monteith