20 Things To Do When You're Feeling Stressed

9) Trash negative thoughts- The biggest obstacle you will ever have to overcome is your mind. If you can overcome that, you can overcome anything.

135

The days when nothing seems to go right and almost everything turns into a problem. We've all been there. It is hard to take a step back and calm yourself so these helpful tips will be able to help you when you're feeling too stressed out.

1. Call a friend

Nothing is better than talking to someone who can always make you feel better. Whether it is to catch up or grab lunch together, calling your friend will always benefit you.

2. Write how you feel

Sometimes it is easier to express how you feel about your situation by writing down all your frustrations and stressors on paper. This way you can lay out all your problems and get them out of your head. Whatever you choose to do with that paper is up to you.

3. Eat something healthy

The saying "eat good, feel good" is true! By giving your body the nutrients it needs, you'll be sure to start feeling better.

4. Go outside

Whether it is to lay out, go for a walk, biking, jogging, or to take a breath of fresh air, feeling the sun is always beneficial.

5. Drink warm tea

Take a fifteen-minute break and take the time to slowly drink the tea. It is found that a cup of tea can make you happier, healthier, and more productive.

6. Wear something comfy

There's nothing better than taking off a pair of skinny jeans and slipping into sweatpants. By wearing something you feel comfortable in, it makes it easier for you to sit down and relax.

7. Slow down and enjoy the drive

Take a look around you as you're driving and make sure to enjoy the scenery. For once try not to be in a rush to get somewhere.

8. Remember how far you've come

It's been a long road to get where you're at and that deserves some much-needed recognition. Reflect on both the bad and good days to get where you are at today. After all, you have managed to get through every bad day you've had thus far. You'll make it through this stressful day too.

9. Trash negative thoughts

The biggest obstacle you will ever have to overcome is your mind. If you can overcome that, you can overcome anything.

10. Look at pretty art

The simple act of walking through an art gallery can make you feel relaxed and inspired. Spend some time looking at the art in the gallery, or museum, and try to understand what you are seeing

11. Consider how you're lucky

Taking things for granted is always easy. What really helps is to take a step back and realize how lucky you truly are. If it is work that is stressing you out, take a break and be thankful for having a job that gives you income. If it is work that is stressing you out, make sure to reflect on the ability to even be able to get an education. It's always the little things in life.

12. Listen to happy tunes

Listening to music can have a tremendously relaxing effect on our minds and bodies, especially slow, quiet classical music.

13. Compliment yourself

Make sure to put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day and the rest will fall into place.

14. Find a dog

Dogs help humans reduce stress. Playing with or petting an animal can increase levels of the stress-reducing hormone oxytocin and decrease the production of the stress hormone cortisol.

15. Take a timeout

Make time for yourself and do whatever you want to do. Whether is a dance break or a quick nap, making that time can be beneficial to reduce the amount of stress you're experiencing.

16. Break a sweat

Sweat out the stress. Being active can boost your feel-good endorphins and distract you from daily worries.

17. Be your own cheerleader-

"When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It's not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It's up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside"- Joel Olsteen

18. Flower power

Smelling floral scents seems to put us in a good mood and make us feel less anxious. Flowers clearly aren’t going to eliminate the need for medication, but they may take the edge off during exams or before a major presentation.

19. Light a candle

It’s a candle’s flame that helps to soothe our soul – reducing stress and increasing self-awareness. The soft illumination helps us to calm down and even achieve a meditative state.

20. Let in some natural light

Exposure to natural light helps our bodies produce Vitamin D, improves our circadian rhythms and sleep patterns, helps us to focus, enables us to get more done, and even makes us happier.