20 Spongebob Episodes to Fill You With Nostalgia

20 of the best episodes to bring you back to your childhood

2534
Fandom by Wikia

Last week was homecoming at Alma College. Many Scots gathered in the stands to watch our boys go up against Hope College’s Flying Dutchmen. A majority of the spectators were watching the game and screaming at the referees, but all my friend, her dad, and I could do was make countless SpongeBob references. When the Hope fans screamed we yelled back “Leedle leedle leedle lee!” and kept going on about dining socks. The Scots ultimately lost but now my friend and I were in a very nostalgic mood. SpongeBob was the definition of our childhoods, and now that we’re in college becoming adults we have an ever growing desire to reclaim that much simpler time. Here're 20 episodes to flood any newly or not so newly adult with intense nostalgia.

1.“Shanghaied”

Of course,I gotta start here. This episode was unique in that it actually had three alternate endings. This episode is chock full of classic lines, like the sky having a baby or the perfume department. This episode also introduced us to the Flying Dutchman’s “dinin’ sock”, a sock which he can apparently never eat without. “Shanghaied” is a go-to for any SpongeBob watch list. Just be cautious around the fly of despair.

2. “Band Geeks”

Who could forget this iconic episode? With the residents of Bikini Bottom performing what is arguably the greatest halftime shows ever, “Band Geeks” became an instant classic. From Patrick asking if mayonnaise is an instrument to the stellar pyrotechnical performance of “Sweet Victory”, this episode marched its way straight into our young hearts and has been there ever since.

3. “Graveyard Shift”

Some grew up with tales of Jack the Ripper or Bloody Mary, we grew up with the tale of the Hash-Slinging Slasher. This suspenseful episode kept us all on our toes until the surprising twist ending: an appearance from Nosferatu.

4. “Chocolate With Nuts”

Some of the greatest SpongeBob quotes came from this episode. From the old lady yelling “What? What are they selling?” to the guy just yelling “CHOCOLATE!”, everyone loves to quote “Chocolate With Nuts”. Watching SpongeBob and Patrick’s attempt at being entrepreneurs was a great experience for all audience members, even ones born with glass bones and paper skin.

5. “Frankendoodle”

This episode gave birth to the infamous Doodlebob, one of the most beloved bad guys on the show. We also learned a very important lesson from this episode: always bring an extra pencil and a pencil sharpener when drawing on a boat.

6. “Krabby Land”

As a kid, I always loved this episode. I loved amusement parks, I loved SpongeBob, and this episode combined the two. Mr. Krab’s attempts at swindling children’s allowance were both hilariously entertaining as well as satisfying when they were ultimately foiled. From the disappointment of Krabby the Clown to the horror of being fed lima beans, “Krabby Land” is an enjoyable episode from start to finish.

7. “F.U.N.”

“F is for friends who do stuff together. U is for you and me. N is for anywhere and anytime at all, down here in the deep blue sea!” It’s practically impossible for anyone to forget this episode, especially the song that went with it. SpongeBob’s attempts to turn Plankton good taught us what fun is all about.

8. “The Camping Episode”

This episode was full of useful survival tips. If you get attacked by a seabear, make sure to draw a circle. Not an oval, a circle. “The Camping Episode” became an instant classic soon after its release. And of course who could forget The Campfire Song song? Whether you sang it like SpongeBob or like Patrick, every little SpongeBob watcher loved to sing this crazy song.

9. “The Fry Cook Games”

This was one of the first episodes to really pit SpongeBob and Patrick against each other. In the spirit of the Olympics that recently took place this summer, how could this episode not make the list? Dramatic and exciting, “The Fry Cook Games” is always a great episode to watch.

10. “I Had an Accident”

With one of the most dramatic and confusing twist endings I’ve ever seen, “I Had an Accident” surely belongs on this list. After all, how iconic was it when SpongeBob broke his butt? And of course, we were introduced to SpongeBob’s three friends Chip, Penny, and Napkin. This episode also featured the indoors song, as well as some amazing and quotable lines.

11. “Idiot Box”

Who never loved playing in a box? This episode perfectly captured the wonder of a child. A box is never just a box in a kid’s eye. This episode also featured the well-known scene of “Imagination.”

12. “Krusty Krab Training Video”

No SpongeBob episode list would be complete without the episode that completely disregarded the fourth wall. This episode featured many iconic scenes, including “People Order Our Patties” and, of course, “Hoopla!”.

13. “Rock Bottom”

Another unforgettable episode. The whole setting of Rock Bottom was such an entertaining thing to watch. The residents spoke while blowing raspberries in between each word, the busses always missed you on purpose, and at night you were immersed in “advanced darkness”. Watching SpongeBob try and get back to Bikini Bottom from this crazy world was a joy to everyone.

14. “Ripped Pants”

A good old classic. This episode just always takes me back to my single-digit years, especially hearing that iconic song “Ripped Pants.”

15. “Welcome to the Chum Bucket”

SpongeBob working at the Chum Bucket? It can’t be! But this episode made it so. And the lovely, dramatic duet “This Grill is Not a Home” was one of my favorites as a kid. Now that I’m in my first year away at college, I find it a bit relevant right now as well.

16. “Valentine’s Day”

This episode only aired seasonally, but this Patrick-centric episode quickly took a place in our hearts. The amount of love in this episode was heartwarming to watch. And, of course, it was always enjoying to watch Patrick scream “Heart on stick must die!”

17. “Big Pink Loser”

Another Patrick-centered episode, “Big Pink Loser” was a quick fan-favorite. The “No, this is Patrick” scene has to be one of the most, if not the most famous scene in SpongeBob. That, and the opening-a-jar scene.

18. “Party Pooper Pants”

How awesome was that time when both SpongeBob and Patchy threw house parties? And both of them had the same issues with their parties and the party guests. But ultimately the parties were a hit, once the hosts got out of the way. This episode was so entertaining to watch, and the song “Underwater Sun” was a great addition.

19. “SB-129”

Even before the birth of the caveman Spongebob meme, this episode was a great one. The time travel aspect added a wonderful touch to this Squidward-centric episode. Going to the chrome future and the exotic past and even to the white world of “Alone” was a great adventure as a kid.

20. “Bubblestand”

The episode that taught us all the proper bubble blowing technique. We were all wowed at SpongeBob’s insane bubble blowing skills the first time we watched this episode. With all its good old fashion glory, “Bubblestand” is definitely a classic.

Honorable Mention: “The Spongebob Squarepants Movie”

This plethora of SpongeBob content has to be put on this list. So many quotes and references, so many awesome songs. After watching all the episodes on this list you can finish off your Spongebob binge-a-thon with this amazing movie.