20 Signs You've Found Your Soul Mate

20 Signs You've Found Your Soul Mate

Ways to see if you've found the person to spend your life with

255
20 Signs You've Found Your Soul Mate
Emily Nichole Wiltrout

What does it take to find your perfect and "better" other half? Try years of dating, late night trips to the store for ice cream, and tons and tons of crying over a guy/girl who isn't worth the tears. It may take years for you to find your person (Grey's Anatomy reference, but you know the person you may want to spend the rest of your life with) but when you do, there's nothing better in the world. Just so you don't miss out on yours, here are 20 signs that you've found the one.

1. You never saw them coming

Lesley Kagen once said, "The best things in life come when you least expect them", and that could not be more true. Once you stop looking for someone, Mr./Mrs. Right comes right along.

2. You can be yourself around them

From sending goofy snapchats to walking around in your sweatpants, you're not afraid to show your true colors. There is a comfort in being able to share who you are with someone who cares about you. If you're lucky, they will do the exact same thing (and then you both will have something to laugh about, out of love of course).

3. They'll do anything to make you smile

Even when you stay strong with your puppy dog eyes and your pouty lip, they somehow manage to force a smile out of you. Whether its singing "Sweet Home Alabama" in different voices or tickling you until you get the hiccups from laughing so much, there's not much they won't do to see that smile spread across your face.

4. You can't help but smile when you're around them

Even when they aren't trying to make you smile, they somehow manage to do it anyway. The way they look at you or the way they laugh, its physically impossible to not be happy when you're within 10 feet of them.

5. Everything is different with them

You may have started out normally, but after that there is no book to follow on what to do next. You do things differently, because they are unlike anyone you've ever been with.

6. Every love song you hear reminds you of them

Anything from Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran or even Christina Perri, it doesn't take much to remind you of them.

7. You can talk to them for hours about nothing

For some reason, they love to hear about your crazy trip to Walmart or the latest series you binge watched on Netflix. And because they love to listen and keep the conversation going, this can lead to hours and hours on the phone.

8. Sometimes they make you so happy you cry

If you're really emotional like me, it doesn't take much to make you cry, happy tears or regular tears. The way the treat you makes you feel like the luckiest person in the world, which can sometimes result in some tears.

9. You have tons of inside jokes

Little laughable moments from all of your memories together, all of which you'll never forget. "Hello, its me" somehow always makes me laugh uncontrollably.

10. You can't stop staring at your pictures together

When you're away from each other, all you want to do is be with them, and the only way to do that is to look back on your times together. Sometimes it can make you feel closer to them.

11. Your family loves them too

Parents don't always approve of every guy or girl you bring home, but when you find the one, your fam loves them almost as much as you do. Not too long now before they're part of the family.

12. You have lots in common

Either you both love cheese or you've both watched the entire series of Friends on Netflix (twice), it's little things that seem to bring you closer together.

13. Fights never last longer than a few hours

You care too much about each other to let something stand in the way of being together. Plus, their pouty face is too irresistible to not forgive anyway.

14. When you go to weddings, you can't help but plan your own

I recently went to a wedding, and it was very hard to not constantly bring up how I want my own future wedding to be like, meanwhile my boyfriend sat next to me with a pretty terrified look on his face.

15. No matter what you want to do in life, you want to do it with them

Vacations, day trips, having a family, there isn't much you want to do alone, and its always good to have someone along for the ride.

(via Murad Osmann/ Instagram)

16. They believe and inspire you

From getting good grades on a test, to landing your dream job; they are your biggest cheerleaders, and they always want you to do your best.

17. You plan for the future

You can't help but think about what you two will do together next summer, where you will buy your first home or what your first family pet will be. The best part is, they don't think you're absolutely crazy for doing it.

18. Time moves slower when you're together

You may have only been dating for a few months, but to you it feels like its been years, and that's why you sometimes fight like an old married couple.

19. They make goodbyes impossible

When you live 200 miles from each other, goodbyes until you see each other at school are pretty unavoidable. Even if you'll see them again in a few weeks, you feel like you're ripping your heart out of your chest when you leave each other.

20. You can't imagine your life without them

They've became such a huge part of your life so fast, so it's crazy to think that you could go on in life without them.

If you're lucky, like I am, you will find your person. It might take time, so don't be afraid to wait for them. Until then, look out for these signs to help you find him/her. Now go out and find your "lobster" and walk around the tank holding claws, just like Phoebe from Friends wanted.