20 Shows To Watch On Netflix This Winter

#NetflixAndChill

67

It's almost winter break, and you know what that means: Lying in bed and binge-watching Netflix until you forget what day of the week it is. Yes, time for #NetflixAndChill— literally. Here are some shows you can turn to for entertainment this winter.

"30 Rock"

This Tina Fey classic portrays the day-to-day shenanigans of network executive Jack Donaghy, variety show producer Liz Lemon, and their co-workers.

"American Horror Story"

If you haven't binge-watched this yet, you're missing out. Four seasons are on Netflix: "Murder House," which follows the lives of a family who moves into a haunted house; "Asylum," which chronicles the life of a reporter who finds herself locked in an insane asylum run by wayward nuns; "Coven," about a coven of modern-day witches and their power struggles; and "Freak Show," which depicts a group of carnies who are plagued by a clown serial killer. Truly a must-see.

"Arrested Development"

When the Bluth family finds themselves in the middle of a scandal that leaves their patriarch in jail, one son must find a way to fix everything. Through dumb magic tricks, constant innuendos, and a sheer abundance of puns, "Arrested Development" is a show that will leave you crying with laughter.

"Bob’s Burgers"

Bob and Linda Belcher run a burger joint with their three kids: Tina, the awkward elder daughter; Gene, the cooky middle child; and Louise, the slightly violent youngest child. I binge-watched the whole first season in one day; it's very good.

"Doctor Who"

"Doctor Who" is a British sci-fi hit about a time traveling alien and his various companions. It sounds very strange, but if you can get through the mediocre special effects in the first couple of seasons, it's a wonderful show.

"Family Guy"

"Family Guy" chronicles the misadventures of the Griffin family and their neighbors. This is the perfect show if you need some laughs; it's not very deep but it's very funny.

"Friends"

"Friends" is an American classic -- there's no possible way to describe it and do it justice. Just watch it.

"Futurama"

On New Year's Eve 2000, delivery boy Fry is frozen and wakes up a thousand years in the future. He is given a new job (as a delivery boy) by his distant relative, who owns the company Planet Express. "Futurama" follows the happenings of the Planet Express crew.

"Jane the Virgin"

Through a crazy mix-up (accidental artificial insemination), Jane finds herself pregnant. How will this impact her relationship with her family and her boyfriend? This show will have you on the edge of your seat.

"Lost"

After their plane crashes on a remote, mysterious island, the passengers struggle to survive each day. If you have time to get invested in something, "Lost" is an excellent choice.

"Malcolm in the Middle"

This show follows a dysfunctional family, especially the life of their middle child, Malcolm. It's very funny, but you will quickly become invested in the characters.

"Master of None"

This new series follows Dev (Aziz Ansari) in his struggle to make decisions on a daily basis. If you love Aziz, you'll love this show.

"Orange Is the New Black"

If you don't know about "Orange Is the New Black," then what are you even doing? Once you get past the nudity, this could be the best show you've ever seen.

"Parks and Recreation"

Set in Pawnee, Indiana, "Parks and Recreation" shows the lives of the Parks and Rec department, exuberant Leslie Knope as the focus. "Parks and Rec" will make you laugh and cry.

"Portlandia"

Carrie Brownstein and Fred Armisen's show, set in Portland, features a variety of characters and sketches.

"Psych"

Every episode, "psychic" detective Shawn Spencer, and his best friend/partner in crime, Gus Guster, work together to solve a new case.

"Switched at Birth"

This ABC family original shows the lives of two families whose lives are turned upside down when they find out that their daughters were switched at birth. Added bonus? You'll pick up some sign language.

"That '70s Show"

Another classic, "That '70s Show" is a lighthearted comedy about a group of teens and their idiotic adventures.

"The Office"

This mockumentary set in the office of a paper company in Scranton, Pennsylvania, will both make you laugh and tug on your heartstrings. Another must-see.

"Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

Another Netflix original, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" chronicles the life of a woman who is discovering the world after being held captive underground for most of her life.

These are just some of the series that you can use to fight off boredom this holiday season. Enjoy, and stay safe!