There's nothing in the world less awkward than memories of your middle school dance. With colorful braces, acne, and 98 percent of the girls taller than the boys, it was a rough time for everyone. The times may have been hard, but if you're a millennial, the music at your middle school dance was most definitely poppin'. Here are 20 of the most lit songs from that middle school dance.
1. "Wannabe" - The Spice Girls
This one is simply a classic.
2. "Bedrock" - Young Money
We thought we were so cool singing this.
3. "Everytime We Touch" - Cascada
This song brings back all the 2007 feels.
4. "Teach Me How To Dougie" - Cali Swag District
If you could Dougie, you were hot stuff.
5. "Crank Dat (Soulja Boy)" - Soulja Boy
Another dance that was a necessity to know.
6. "The Hampsterdance"
Still don't know why this song was ever a thing.
7. "Tik Tok" - Ke$ha
Glitter, glitter, and more glitter.
8. "Smack That" - Akon (featuring Eminem)
It's ain't a party without this jam.
9. "Fire Burning" - Sean Kingston
This song was straight fire. #punintended
10. "Down" - Jay Sean (featuring Lil Wayne)
Jay Sean was the man.
11. "Glamorous" - Fergie (featuring Ludacris)
This song is the sole reason I can spell "Glamorous."
12. "Heartless" - Kanye West
That autotune tho.
13. "Lollipop" - Lil Wayne (featuring Static Major)
This song was bad to the bone.
14. "Don't Stop the Music" - Rihanna
This song never fails to get me goin'.
15. "Dem Jeans" - Chingy
Chingy is now a Trump supporter, haha.
16. "Gold Digger" - Kanye West (featuring Jamie Foxx)
Pre-Kardashian Kanye was lit.
17. "Promiscuous" - Nelly Furtado (featuring Timbaland)
We didn't even know what this song meant, but we knew it was scandalous.
18. "I Gotta Feeling" - The Black Eyed Peas
This song has great vibes.
19. "Poker Face" - Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga's debut song.
20. "Low" - Flo Rida (featuring T. Pain)
Apple bottom jeans, boots with da fur, the whole club was looking at her.