20 Ideas for When You Need to Practice Self-Love

Life is tough. But so are you.

231
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/13/636434572467927267-1716268759_maxresdefault.jpg

You might not even realize that you need it. You might not think that it's important. But practicing self-love sometimes can make all the difference.

This list is for when you're sad. For when you're unsure of yourself. It is a list for when you just need to love yourself a little more.

1. Do something that makes you happy. Read a book, watch your favorite movie, hang out with friends.

2. Write down your thoughts. Write poetry.

3. Don't be afraid to take time for yourself. Your real friends will stick by you.

4. Color. Drawing or coloring in a coloring book can be really relaxing.

5. Work on yourself. Become better for you and only you. Investing yourself is not a bad thing.

6. It's ok to skip out on hanging out with friends to do homework if you want or need to. Don't be ashamed of growing yourself.

7. Listen to music really loudly.

8. Pray.

9. Make yourself some tea and eat an extra piece of cake.

10. Stop competing with others. It doesn't help you or them.

11. Pet your dog or cat.

12. Retail therapy. Buy something just for you.

13. It's ok to think of yourself first sometimes. Not everything you do has to be about others.

14. Do yoga. Meditate and be alone with your body and thoughts.

15. Forget those who don't like you or don't treat you well. Don't let their thoughts become yours.

16. Clean your room. Make it a place you want to be at the end of a hard day.

17. Don't let anyone guilt you into doing something that doesn't help you grow. Use your time for what makes you better.

18. Let go of comparisons. What you do has nothing to do with what others do. There is no correct timeline for life achievements.

19. Surround yourself with people who encourage you and cheer you on.

20. You are you. And that's enough.