20 Habits Every Girl In Her 20s Needs To Let Go Of Right Now

Get happier.

70
Radio Safi

There are so many things in this life that are out of our control. I get that, and I feel the struggle of wasting energy trying to change things that I can't, and stressing over situations that are out of my control. Life can be tough. But guess what, you're pretty damn tough, too. Despite the various crappy things that are beyond our control, there are little changes that you can make to enhance your happiness.

Realize that you have the strength to let go of these 18 habits and feel your happiness level go way up:

1. Worrying about things that are out of your control.

You're wasting your time.

2. Over analyzing every little thing.

You have to just accept things for what they are. You will make things 10 times worse by over thinking situations.

3. Accepting other people's standards of success.

If your talent is not of the typical medical, business, or technical kind, that doesn't mean you're going to be unsuccessful. If you're creative and unique, you go with your bad self and don't let anyone tell you that you can't make a career out of doing what you love.

4. Placing your happiness in the hands of another person.

Do not let others control your happiness.

5. Not believing your dreams are achievable because they're against the norm.

Dream big. Way big. Dream outside the box. Who cares if others think they're unrealistic, prove them wrong.

6. Not making time for the things that make you happy.

Go for a run, read a book, listen to your favorite songs, get a large coffee with a donut. Do things that put a smile on your face.

7. Giving a sh** about what other people think.

What good does worrying about someone else's opinion do? Worry about your character, and that's it.

8. Living inside your comfort zone.

Nothing awesome happens from your little bubble of comfort.

9. Settling.

Do not settle. Do not settle for bad relationships, friendships, sub-par work ethic. Do not compromise on matters of your life.

10. Not challenging yourself.

Always reach for more. If you don't feel challenged, it's time to push for something bigger than what you're doing right now.

11. Trying to please others.

If you spend your life aiming to please others, you will find that you won't have a lot of happiness within yourself. Do what makes you happy, and those who love you will be happy for you.

12. Not making yourself a priority.

Put yourself first sometimes. Value your alone time.

13. Complaining.

Complaining will never improve a situation. Ever.

14. Concerning yourself with other people's business.

It's such wasted energy. Don't be worried over what's going on in other people's lives, especially if you're just being nosy.

15. Talking badly about others.

Talking badly about others only makes you look bad. It shows a severe lack of character. Be a good person and don't talk sh** about others.

16. Letting fear intimidate you from doing what you want.

You're going to be scared of things. Life is scary. Don't let that keep you from accomplishing your goals. Feel the fear and do it anyway.

17. Not adventuring.

Your soul needs to venture. Search for places and things, explore your town, your state, and the world. There is so much out there, don't limit yourself.

18. Making a bad minute a bad day.

So you were late to work, or you spilled coffee all over you, or you bombed an exam. Whatever happened, take five minutes and get mad about it, but then let it go and make it a good day.

19. Dwelling on the negatives.

Bad things will happen. Don't dwell on them, or it will spread negativity into all aspects of your life.

20. Getting caught up in any other time than the present.

Don't cling to the past, and don't stress yourself out over the future. Enjoy the now, focus on what is in your control today.