20 Great (And Not So Great) Things About Having A Close Little Sister

Sisters that are close in age have a bond that is unbreakable.

21
Brooke Pisciotto

"Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child.” This quote by Barbara Alpert perfectly describes my relationship with my sister. Here a few other things that come with having a close little sister.

20. She’s down for anything.

Mall? Yes. Food? Yes. Stay at home and watch movies all day? Yes.

19. She can make anything boring more fun, just by being there.

We’re the type to be at a wedding whispering and laughing at the ugly bridesmaid dresses the whole time.

18. She likes and copies all the things you like.

Sometimes this isn’t so bad, like if she inherits your great music taste and now you have someone to bring with you to concerts.

17. You’re extremely weird together.

The inside jokes are endless. If we ever said the things we say to each other at home in front of our friends, we would have no friends.

16. She makes you feel old, even if she’s only a little bit younger.

Whether she’s stressing about the ACT or applying to college or going on a date with a boy, you can’t help but want to lock her in her room and keep her home forever.

15. She was always your free pass to go out.

As long as you brought her with: “OK, but only if you bring your sister.”

14. She helps you with your outfits.

You know what I mean: the Snapchats of “this” … and 5 seconds later, “or this.” And it goes on and on. It’s even better when you live together and you can barge into her room with 10 outfit choices.

13. You heavily influence her life – whether this is good or bad.

All my little nuggets of wisdom go to my little sister. She can’t tell me a single story without me putting my two cents in.

12. She knows you better than you know you.

If she asks how you’re doing and you answer “fine,” she’ll be bugging you until you tell her what’s wrong.

11. She shares the horrible last name with you and understands the pain.

10. She’s honest.

If your hair looks greasy or your makeup isn’t blended, you bet she won’t be quiet about it. In fact, she’ll keep insulting you until you fix it.

9. You can fight with her, and about 5 minutes later, she’ll make you laugh and you’ll be back to normal again.

8. She’s basically your personal dress-up doll.

All you have to say is “can I do your hair?” or “want me to do your makeup?” and you get to have free reign.

7. She knows ALL of your gossip and secrets, so you can vent about anything to her.

6. She learns from all of your mistakes, hopefully.

5. She takes on the identity of “____’s little sister” for years and years, so cut her some slack.

4. You have someone to give all the hand-me-downs to rather than giving them away forever.

Just in case you change your mind.

3. She is always proud of you and supports you.

“That’s my big sister!” is basically her anthem.

2. You’ll always have her as a roommate if things don’t work out someday.

1. When it feels like the whole world is against you, your little sister always has your back no matter what.