20 Lessons I Learned From Blair Waldorf

20 Lessons I Learned From Blair Waldorf

Have a little faith. If that doesn't work, have a lot of mimosas.

378
Planet Claire

I don't know about you, but "Gossip Girl" pretty much dominated my adolescent life. I was twelve when I began reading the books and thirteen when the show began, and my heart broke when I was eighteen and the show ended. I still watch episodes randomly to this day since it is one of my favorite shows of all time. It's hilarious and over-dramatic, so how could I not like it? As I watched this show throughout my adolescence, I always sympathized the most with Blair since our personalities are so similar and her character developed so much throughout the show. To celebrate how awesome Blair is, I compiled a list of 20 Blair Waldorf life lessons.

1. Sometimes, you need to be assertive.

When someone talked trash about one of Blair's loved ones, she was never afraid to voice her own opinion and flat out tell them they were wrong.

2. Always set goals for yourself, even if they seem unattainable.

Blair strove for everything and got it all in the end.

3. It's okay to admit defeat.

Even Queen B has bad days.

4. You deserve a guy who treats you like gold.

Despite all of the drama with her and Chuck throughout the show, he would have done anything for her and true love prevailed in the end.

5. And in the meantime, being single isn't the worst thing in the world.

As much as it sucks, it isn't the worst thing in the world.

6. If you really want it, go for it.

Blair's determination is something we should all strive for.

7. Emotions suck, but they make you who you are.

Her strong emotions made her the bad ass b*tch she was.

8. Never forget your worth.

You're a queen. Own it.

9. Even when it seems impossible, try your hardest to remain positive.

It's never the end of the world.

10. When it comes to love, sometimes you need to take a risk.

Blair risked it all with Chuck when she put him on the spot. Although it took him a whole season for him to admit he was in love with her, they lived happily ever after.

11. Never let anything get in the way of achieving your goals.

Preach Blair.

12. No matter how much you want to, you can't travel back in time.

If my boyfriend had sex with my best friend I would want stop it too.

13. It's important to comfort your loved ones in need.

Chuck and Blair went through hell throughout the course of the show, and she never gave up on him and was always there for him.

14. Love is confusing.

If you didn't cry at this moment you have no soul.

15. Heartbreak is a b*tch.

It hurts because it mattered.

16. Always appreciate your best friend.

Everyone deserves a Serena to their Blair, so appreciate them!

17. Always be dressed to impress.

This old thing? Yeah, I just threw it on in a minute.

18. Sometimes boys will let you down.

Possibly the best line in the entire show.

19. Sometimes you just need to enjoy the little things.

Good things seemed to happen to Blair when she let loose *cough* Chuck.

20. If it doesn't work out, champagne is always there for you.

Hands down the best advice Blair ever gave.