19 Lessons Learned In 19 Short Years

19 Lessons Learned In 19 Short Years

The best lessons in life are not from the classroom, but are learned through experiences and relationships.

2
19 Lessons Learned In 19 Short Years
Savanna Moore

Almost being alive for two decades, I like to think I know a lot about the world. At some times, even though I hate to admit it, I think I know absolutely everything. While I know that this is not true and that sometimes I need to step down a level, I have learned so many amazing lessons throughout life that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Here's to starting off year 19 with 19 life lessons:

1. Family is the most important thing you will ever have.

2. Not everyone will be your friend--heck, there will be so many people who won't enjoy your presence.

3. The best people in your life come in at the most unexpected times.

4. Some people are placed in your life for a short time. Don't question this, because it is for a very good reason. They aren't meant to stay.

5. You are always worth way more than you will ever believe. Respect yourself and never settle.

6. Always trust your instincts and never do anything that you find to be even the slightest bit uncomfortable or opposite of your morals.

7. It's okay to let loose--know your limits.

8. Animals are sometimes the best friends that you can ever have in this world, because they will always give you a shoulder to cry on and won't tell any of your secrets.

9. There are some mean people in this world, but always remember that not everyone is bad. Learn to trust in others.

10. Sometimes all you need is a big chocolate bar (and a hug wouldn't hurt either). Calories never matter on a difficult day, if they matter at all.

11. No one can judge you and you shouldn't accept anyone's wrong opinion until you are standing at the gates on Judgement Day.

12. Be thankful for everything you have, because someone next to you is wishing they had half of what you do.

13. Always remember that it's better to be overdressed and overeducated (thanks, Kate Spade).

14. Always look at the bigger picture; don't get too worried about the small things. "Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing is just a grain of sand." -Carrie Underwood

15. Remember to put your phone down and actually take in life--you won't even believe what you've been missing. It's a beautiful world.

16. Take 'you-days.' Sometimes all you need is alone time and a little retail therapy. But, once again, know your limits; don't let the negativity completely take over your life.

17. Music is a great escape and the best mind-alterer...oh, and it's completely safe. Big plus.

18. Write from time to time. It's such an amazing outlet and so fun to look back on your life in this way.

19. Always trust the greater plan that is in store for you.