18 Things You Learn When Becoming An Adult

18 Things I've Managed To Learn On My Wild Ride To 18

I still have a lot to learn, but here are some things that have stuck with be through the years. Hears to my craziest year of life!

1775
Sophia Mayfield

Time really does fly on by when you're having fun, but I've picked up on a few things along the way. Here's my list of all of the things that have helped me to grow as the person I am to this day.

Everything Happens For a Reason

Sometimes it may be extremely hard to remember this... but I promise you it's true. Trust the process. The reason may even reveal its self to you in the end.

Grades Do NOT Define You

They matter.. trust me. But I promise that F you got on the chemistry test doesn't mean you're stupid. Even if you did pull that all-nighter, one test doesn't mean the world.

Procrastination is NEVER Key

I've learned that truly nothing grand comes out of doing things the last minute. You eliminate quite a lot of stress in your life if you start the paper earlier. Get yourself a cute planner and prioritize!

Family is Forever

Make more time for them. They're the ones who are going to be with you through thick or thin. You lose a lot of people in your life, but family is forever.

Change is Hard but Necessary 

I've experienced this in so many ways. Yes, change is uncomfortable, unpredictable and even a little scary, but without it you can not grow and learn. Embrace it.

A Bad Day is NOT a Bad Life

Just breathe. We all have those days where nothing goes right. You wake up late and then the whole day just seems to spiral out of control. This doesn't mean your life is terrible. Instead of finding the long list of negatives at the end of the day, search for something positive.

Don't Take Life So Seriously 

Laugh a little. Keep on keeping on. Stop thinking and just start doing. Our time on this earth is limited, have fun while you can.

Positivity Gets You Far

This is a statement I live by. It doesn't mean you can't be sad about something or sulk, but don't let it bring you down. Find the good that can come out of a situation that isn't necessarily the best. Hearing negative comments all the time is not good for anyone.

Sometimes You Just Have To Be Patient

Most things don't happen over night or in the blink of an eye. Keep on believing. It isn't necessarily about waiting for something, it's about HOW you wait.

Be Passionate

Do not be afraid to go head first into a something. Putting your all in, is not a bad thing. Find your passion and go for it!

Coke is 100% Better Than Pepsi

It just is.

Sleep is SO Important

Sleep is fuel. Your brain needs to relax. I understand Netflix is addicting, but shut that laptop screen and shut your eyes. You'll thank yourself later.

Stop Stressing Over the Things That Don't Matter

Go out in public without makeup, no one will care! You look perfect in the swimsuit, trust me. Have fun with life... do not be worried about things that will have a very small impact on your life. Ask yourself will this reallyyy effect me in five years.

All of the Lyrics to "Mr. Brightside" 

How could you not know all of them?!?

Math Will Always Be Hard for Me

Some people may say it's not rocket science... BUT FOR ME IT IS. I've accepted I'll never be a mathematician, but at least I can now recognize it is something I have to work harder on.

Do Things That Scare You

You will feel so much better once you have accomplished something you are nervous to do. Being proud of yourself for facing something is one of the best feelings ever.

Not Everyone Is Going To Be Your Friend

and that is OK. I used to worry all of the time if I thought someone didn't like me. Chances are they do not hate you. But not everyone has to like you and you don't have to like everyone. Just always take the highroad.

I LOVE  MY LIFE

It's pretty tragic sometimes I will admit, but I'm in love with my crazy and magical life.