18 Reasons We Need American Idol Back

18 Reasons We Need American Idol Back

The Best Show Ever Created

36
18 Reasons We Need American Idol Back

American Idol ran for 15 seasons (2002-2016), which is an impressive run, but why did it have to end, honestly? In our opinion it was better than most singing competition shows are or have ever been and should have aired for 15 years longer. The show holds an impressive list of winners from the very first -- Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Adam Lambert, Fantasia, Kris Allen, Phillip Phillips, and so many more. There have been many judges including Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Keith Urban, Paula Abdul, Harry Connick Jr., Randy Jackson and of course, Simon Cowell. And how can we forget the phenomenal host that kept the show together for 15 whole years? None other than Ryan Seacrest. But besides the amazing list of celebrities that have been born from Idol, the show was SO MUCH FUN. Here are a few reasons why FOX should bring Idol back.

1. It gave us ultimate goosies

2. Every night it was on was a party

American Idol was never a boring show. There was always comedy, good music, and great fun!

3. The judges

Panels:

Paula Abdul, Randy Jackson, Simon Cowell, Kara DioGuardi, Ellen DeGeneres, Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban, and Harry Connick, Jr.

How can we resist JLO, Keith and Harry?

4. It gave us some of the biggest names in music today

Carrie Underwood

Kelly Clarkson

Phillip Phillips

Adam Lambert

Chris Daughtry

Jennifer Hudson

5. Amazing Performances

Jessica Sanchez

Jena Irene

Kris Allen

Colton Dixon

Jax

6. Ryan Freaking Seacrest

And the best host award goes toooo….

7. We fall in love with our favorites

And cry when they lose

9. Celebrity Mentors/Appearances

Scott Brochetta- Because who doesn’t need the guy who discovered T-Swift in their life?

10. Diversity like no other

Country, Pop, Folk, Songwriters, Hip Hop, who can beat that?

11. Relatability

Dreams can come true

12. They came to your city.

How can we forget when they came to Portland?

13. Even if contestants don’t win they have amazing success rates

Daniel Seavey (9th place, Season 15)

Daniel is now touring the U.S. with his five- member band Why Don't We. Their EP Only the Beginning is available now.

Colton Dixon (7th place, Season 11)

Colton is has released two studio albums and his third album Identity comes outMarch 24, 2017. He has won two GMA Dove Awards for Best Rock/Contemporary Song of the Year ("Never Gone")and Best Rock/Contemporary Album of the Year (Anchor).

Tori Kelly (Hollywood week, Season 9)

Tori has been making break throughs in her career, including being nominated for a Grammy and starring in the animated film Sing. She currently has one studio album, Unbreakable Smile.

Adam Lambert (2nd place, Season 8)

Adam was a runner up on Idol and is no doubt one of the biggest names to ever come out of Idol, selling over 3 million albums and touring with the band Queen as the lead singer. The rocker currently has three studio albums and has many impressive feats in his career.

Chris Daughtry (4th place, Season 5)

Chris is known for his rock band Daughtry, and has four studio albums. Daughtry was nominated for a Grammy in 2007.

Kellie Pickler (6th place, Season 5)

Kellie has four studio albums and was a contestant on Dancing with the Stars in 2013. She has toured as an opening act for artists such as Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts.

Jennifer Hudson (7th place, Season 3)

Jennifer has been starred in many movies and has won a Grammy for Best R&B album. She is quite possibly one of the biggest stars who didn't win Idol.

14. Emotional stories

Tristan McIntosh. Need we say more?

15. It’s a family show

One of my childhood traditions was to gather around the TV twice a week.

16. They hosted epic finales

Ones we can’t forget

17. Format is better than all the rest

“Karen, dim the lights.”

18. It’s funny

William Hung- She Bangs