18 Reasons To Start 2018 By Kissing Your BFF Instead Of Some Rando

It's time to switch up the age-old tradition.

139
Ezra Jeffrey

Ah, the infamous New Year's kiss. When you go out on New Year's Eve, it's expected that you'll lock lips with someone, ANYONE, once the clock strikes midnight. After the year I've had with love, the last thing I should do is kiss someone at midnight. In fact, I'd much rather kiss my friends instead of someone random guy at a house party, and here are eighteen reasons why you should consider that, too.

1. That rando is probably an awful kisser.

Ever met a guy at a bar that used way too much tongue you really wish you never kissed him? Yeah, same. Who would want to start their new year off with THAT?

2. And he might be a stage-five clinger.

Sure, he may seem cool and all that night...but his real intentions won't be clear until after...

3. Your friends have had your back through all your bullshit this past year.

After all she's put up with, she deserves more than a peck on the cheek.

4. You and your BFF go wayyyy back.

She met you when you two were awkward, Taylor Swift-obsessed seventh graders and she's stuck by your side ever since.

5. This won't be the first kiss you and your friend share, anyways.

Remember that time you two convinced a creepy guy at a party you were actually dating and she kissed you? It wasn't weird then, so why would it be weird now?

6. Kissing your BFF will make a much better story.

Not only will it show the quality of your friendship, but it will also be a funny "remember when" story to tell your kids one day.

7. It's stressful to find someone random to kiss at midnight.

It's like a hunt. No one wants to be that girl awkwardly standing in the corner when the clock strikes midnight, and with your BFF around, you shouldn't be.

8. What if he expects something more after your midnight kiss???

Like....a relationship.

9. And what if he has a crazy ex????

It's doubtful she'll be at the same party but...what if.

10. Your friends think you're a solid 10/10 even when you're a hungover mess.

Guys will post awful Snapchats of you saying, "Went to bed with a 10 woke up with a 2" while your BFF will look at your messy bun and smeared eyeshadow and think you're the prettiest damn thing they've ever seen. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have someone who thinks I'm cute than a jerk kissing me.

11. Kissing your friends will mean you're starting 2018 off on a good note.

Cause it's always a good time with your BFF.

12. The rando you lock lips with *might* end up being a Trump supporter. Yikes.

Honestly....I don't know what could be much worse.

13. Your BFF has softer lips.

Instead of the crackled lips that boy has.

14. And smells a whole lot better.

Sorry Chad, but you smell like sweat and cheap beer.

15. What if the rando you kiss doesn't understand your Vine references? How could you ever forgive yourself?!

A guy who doesn't get your Vine references is worse than a Trump supporter, FYI.

16. Your friends accept you even when you get a little too drunk.

Nothing cuter than you and your BFF blowing each other kisses for the 'Gram.

18. Your friends > any boy.

Honestly, do you need any other reasons?