17 Reasons Why Leo Season Is The Best Season

Leo season is the best part of the summer, and by far the best time of the year.

126
https://unsplash.com/photos/wXmkcvIOOXI?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText
Photo by Noah Grezlak on Unsplash

I've always been obsessed with astrology and horoscopes. It gets me even more excited to read my horoscope during Leo season. I guess you can tell my zodiac sign based on the fact that July 23-August 22 is my favorite time of year.

Here are some of the reasons why Leo season is the best season, as told by a true Leo herself.

1. Right in the middle of summer

It seems as if, at the beginning of the summer, everyone's either so busy with traveling or so exhausted from the spring that they'd rather lay in bed with their AC on all day. By the beginning of September, everyone has the blues about summer ending. Leo season is in the center of the summer, when (mostly) everyone is available and in the mood to have a good time.

2. Students catch some R&R (for the most part)

Internships and jobs are a headache, but ignoring the occasional summer course, students can take a much-needed break from the hassle of constantly writing essays and studying for exams.

3. Perfect time for vacation and travel

The middle of the summer is perfect for travel. You'll probably be able to get the whole family together since workers tend to take holidays in the middle of the summer, and students are on vacation during this time as well. There isn't much that beats taking a trip on your birthday!

4. BBQs and other outdoor parties

Teylor Veliotis

There's so much more to do when it comes to partying if you're outside. What's better than celebrating a birthday with a pool party, BBQ, beach party, or another outdoor party? Plus, everyone knows beer pong is more fun when you have more space!

5. Beach days

Asbury Park, Ner Jersey

Teylor Veliotis

Although not everyone is in love with beaches, we can all appreciate a nice trip to the beach once in a while; whether it's taking a drive down to the shore, jogging along the shoreline, sunbathing, or splashing around in the water with friends, the beach can be very refreshing.

6. Golden hour photoshoots

If you're anything like me, you know that the best part about a beach day is the photos you wind up taking. Just as the sun sets, your pictures are going to look so amazing because of the golden glow the setting sun gives off.

7. Outdoor concerts

The Championship Tour

Teylor Veliotis

All concerts are fun, but there is something extra special about outdoor concerts. I've always found that at outdoor concerts, more people can enjoy the show, you have more room to dance, and the overall vibe is so much better.

8. Beautiful sunsets and sunrises

Teylor Veliotis

You may not be a beach person or an outdoor person at all, but I feel like everyone can admire a good sunset or sunrise if they happen to stumble upon one. There's just something so peaceful and reassuring in looking up at the sky to find such natural beauty.

9. Carnivals

A nice way to spend a summer night is having fun at a carnival. Whether you go with your family, friends, or a significant other, there are so many ways to enjoy yourself. It's almost as if the summer isn't complete until you've gone to at least one carnival. Plus, there's nothing like a carnival-themed birthday party for a Leo!

10. Longer days

Ignoring the fact that the nights are shorter (which may be a turnoff for night people), there is so much more time during the day for doing just about anything you please. Also, it takes longer for the evening to get dark, so you have another excuse to stay outside for a few more hours!

11. Ice cream and other cool treats

Teylor Veliotis

Nothing is better than a chilled snack when it's hot out, and nothing can cool you off faster than a few scoops of ice cream. As a Leo, ice cream is always at the top of my list when I'm planning things I need for a party.

12. Great food is in season

So many refreshing fruits and veggies are in season during this time of year; a few of these tasty treats include watermelon, strawberries, passion fruit, raspberries, cucumbers, and cantaloupe. It's a good thing that such wonderful food is in season just in time for these Leo parties!

13. Show off your tan

Everyone thinks they look better with a tan; the colors on jewelry and clothes pop out, and your face has a natural, radiant glow to it. I know that I'd rather celebrate my birthday looking like a slice of bread that stayed in the toaster a little bit too long rather than uncooked chicken!

14. Summer sales

Leo season is the perfect time to shop because of the sales. Items tend to be a little pricey in the beginning of the summer because everyone is so eager to buy the things they need for the season. Summer items tend to get cheaper and cheaper the closer it gets to the fall. What a perfect time to buy a gift for a Leo!

15. Convertible season

Stanley Veliotis

So, technically convertible season is all summer long… but it's safe to say us Leos love to blast our music as we cruise through town. Nothing says, "Cheers! It's my birthday!" like zooming across the neighborhood with a big bow on your car.

16. Less allergies

The changing of seasons tend to bring awful allergies. Mid-summer is a pretty safe time for people who suffer from allergies because the weather is pretty much static. Therefore, everyone (except those who are allergic to fungus, mold, and spores) can enjoy themselves at an outdoor birthday party because there is no need to worry about sneezing or congestion.

17. Most importantly: it’s our birthday!

This is obvious but too important not to mention; of course the best part of Leo season is that every Leo gets to celebrate their birthday. Is there better reasoning other than the fact that Leos get to be worshipped—like the royalty they are—to prove that June 23 to August 22 are actually the best thirty-one days of the entire year? This Leo says, "nope".