17 Reasons Every Girl Needs A Best Guy Friend

607

We will always have our girlfriends, and guys will come and go in our lives. However, there is that one male friend we can always depend on, and this is why. 

1. He has the upper hand when it comes to guy advice because he knows how men think. Why not take advantage of that special power? 

2. It is reassuring to know that you have your own personal bodyguard because if anything ever happened to you, he would make the perpetrator pay for their actions. 

3. When all of your girlfriends are dieting, he will be there to indulge in extensive amounts of food with you, and there will be zero regrets -- even if you were the one who ate most of it.

4. Since boys are less sympathetic to feelings, he will be the first to tell you if you look hot in that outfit or if you should never be seen wearing it in public.

5. When sports aren’t your thing, he will sit you down and explain the game to you -- after he calls you stupid for not knowing what “offsides” means.

6. Even if you go to different colleges, distance is never a problem because he sucks at texting anyway. A phone call, twice to three times a month, keeps your bond of friendship just as strong.  

7. Considering guys say a lot less than girls, if you‘re having one of those days where you don’t feel like talking to anyone, he won’t ask questions and will pop in a movie just so you have company.

8. You will have a designated photographer for you and your girlfriends. Maybe it will take some convincing at first, but he will get used to it.  

9. He is always looking for an occasion to go out, which makes him your permanent partner in crime, however, I am not advising you to try and keep up with him in any way, shape, or form.  

10. The biggest fight you will ever get in is who can make more chins on Snapchat. I can proudly say I have never been defeated in those battles.

11. He will be the first to tell you when you’ve gained weight and he will take on the role of your personal trainer.  

12. When it is time for move-in day, you have an extra set of hands to help out, or to just do all of the work.  

13. Boys hate gossip, so if you need to talk to someone he is your go-to because he will forget what you said. 

14. You have your own personal tutor because he is a million times smarter than you.  

15. When he calls to tell you his stories from the night before, you immediately lose any feeling of regret you had on your own behalf because his actions are just inhumane.  

16. When you want to have adventures or go exploring, he never declines because getting a little dirty doesn’t faze him in the slightest.  

17. He is almost more protective than your dad when it comes to guys you date. Settling for a guy anything less than you deserve would never happen under his watch. 

Although there are some guys we can definitely live without, a guy who prioritizes your happiness and will do anything for you is worth keeping around. There is no need to worry about losing his friendship because he needs you as a friend equally as much.

I cherish all of my friendships with my girlfriends, but there are specific situations where you just need a guy or a male’s perspective. Having this best friend in your life is a blessing that one should never look past, or take for granted, because even if he makes fun of you and pesters you like a little brother, his reason is just to see you smile.