17 Of The Best Beauty Buys If You're On A Budget

Because even poor college girls deserve to treat themselves - just a little.

94
The Huffington Post

Life as a college student can be hard. You're poor, you don't get enough sleep and sometimes you don't even wash your hair every day. It can take some work to help make your natural beauty look less like "I overslept and just rolled out of bed" and more like "I woke up like this, flawless". So for you folks with poor college student budgets, I present to you: The best low end beauty buys - sorry Sephora!

1. Equate Mild Facial Soap, Clarifying Toner, and Strikingly Unique Moisturizing Lotion

So, I had read multiple reviews comparing this Walmart Equate set to Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap Mild, Clarifying Lotion, and Clarifying Lotion 2 to create a much more affordable 3 step skincare regimen. I've been using this set for 2 months and its so perfect, it keeps my skin clear and moisturized.

2. OGX Hair Care

Around 6 months ago I decided to go sulfate free when it came to hair products to help fight frizz and have overall healthier hair and OGX has been a saving grace. It's available at most drug stores and superstores - But between you and me Walmart just rolled out some Equate brand equivalents for an even cheaper deal!

3. Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner

A friend of mine swears by Dickinson's Witch Hazel. She uses it daily as a toner after washing her face and she loves it - plus it's 100% all natural!

4. Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation

It's available in 14 shades and touts having a "light-diffusing complex to give your skin #nofilter perfection". It has build-able coverage and a lovely matte finish.

5. Hard Candy Eyes The Limit Long Wearing Eye Shadow Primer

This stuff is insane. It lasts all day - practically gluing your eye shadow to your lids. It helps build pigment and keeps your eye shadow crease-free all day.

6. Nyx Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick

NYX pretty much just kills the affordable liquid lipstick game. The Lingerie line is probably my favorite because there's over a dozen nude toned colors available and you can find one to look good on anybody. It's a fairly light-weight formula and I really love the matte finish.

7. ANY of Maybelline The Nudes Palettes

I'm an Urban Decay fan, but $54 can be a lot of money to spend on an eye shadow palette. Maybelline offers more budget-friendly alternatives that are really good quality for the money (especially when paired with an eye shadow primer). There are so many colors, matte and shimmery, that will help you create a variety of looks.

8. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water

I used to just use makeup wipes to take it all off at the end of the day, but man was it hard on my eyelids sometimes - even using "sensitive" wipes gave me a hard time and I would still have to scrub in most instances. Micellar water is now the only thing I use to take my makeup off. It's just so gentle and it works really well to get everything off.

9. Maybelline Eye Studio Brow Precise Micro Pencil

I love the pencil/brush combo, it's super cnvenient for beauty on the go. It's an easy and natural looking way to fill in your brows. It also comes in 4 colors, so it shouldn't be a problem finding the right match.

10. Pretty Much Anything from e.l.f

I have yet to meet a product from e.l.f. that I haven't liked. Some of my favorites include their brushes, setting spray, and their eyeliner pens. They have such great products and they're seriously so cheaply priced for the quality!

11. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish

I love the look of a gel mani, but it can be so expensive to maintain it. I love Sally Hansen's 2 step process. You get the sleek look of a gel manicure without a trip to the salon and without buying your own drying lamps for home. You use the color base coat and then use the special top coat and you've got a long-lasting homemade mani - and it comes in sooo many colors.

12. Yes To Sheet Masks

I love sheet masks. They're a great way to "treat yo self" without breaking the bank. I love the Yes To brand sheet masks. They have different masks for different skin targets and it's a nice and easy way to feel refreshed and renewed.

13. J.R. Watkins Naturals Apothecary Sugar and Shea Grapefruit Body Scrub

Exfoliating scrubs are a great way to gently remove dead skin cells and leave you moisturized. J.R. Watkins is a great brand. This scrub is all natural, dye free, paraben free, and so much more.

14. Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion

Whenever I have dry skin, my go to is Gold Bond. This stuff is great to heal dry and cracked skin and I absolutely love the non-greasy formula.

15. Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Masara

It's available in waterproof and regular formula and in a variety of colors. I love the shape of the brush - it does an awesome job of coating each lash and giving your lashes some extra volume.

16. Pretty Much Anything from Physician's Formula

Physician's Formula is a really great brand. It's specially formulated to be more gentle, so it's definitely a brand you may want to consider if you've got sensitive skin.

17. Eco Tools Makeup Brushes

I think Eco Tools makes some quality brushes for the price. They're pretty versatile, very soft on the skin and I have yet to notice very much bristle fallout. I would definitely recommend to someone who is looking for an inexpensive way to build up their brush arsenal.