17 'Grey's Anatomy' Quotes To Get You Through A Breakup

"He is not the sun. You are."

4399

I have come to terms with the fact that I am a "Grey's Anatomy" addict. I have seen every episode at least three times, and my butt is glued to the couch every Thursday at 8 p.m. until the newest episode is over. I have recently restarted watching the series on Netflix, and I have been reminded all over again that even though the show is fictional, here are 17 quotes that will help you get through any breakup.

1. "Don't stop. Don't hesitate. You can't be scared of what's next. Do not let fear get in your way."

2. "We lose those battles as often as we succeed. The key though, win or lose, is to never fail. And the only way to fail is to not fight. So you fight until you can't fight anymore. Never let go. Never give up. Never run. Never surrender. Fight the good fight. Fight even when it seems inevitable that you're going to go down swinging."

3. "Oh, screw beautiful. I'm brilliant. If you want to appease me, then compliment my brain."

4. "Never date a man who can't handle your power."

5. "And people can be broken, but any surgeon knows what's broken can be mended. What's hurt can be healed. That no matter how dark it gets, the sun is going to rise again."

6. "He is not the sun. You are."

7. "I don't know why we hang onto something we know we are better off letting go of. It's like we are scared to lose what we don't really have. Some of us say we'd rather have something than absolutely nothing, but the truth is, to have it halfway is harder than to not have it at all."

8. "Find your voice, and when you do, fill the damn silence."

9. "You didn't love her. You just didn't want to be alone. Or maybe she was just good for your ego. Or, or maybe she just made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn't love her. Because you don't destroy people you love."

10. "Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying."

11. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature."

12. "If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and demand something more."

13. "At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you least expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well it might not be a castle. And it's not so important, happy ever after, just that it's happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in awhile, people may even take your breath away."

14. "You deserve to be with somebody who makes you happy. Somebody who doesn't complicate your life. Somebody who doesn't hurt you."

15. "And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over. Freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is just moving on."

16. "One day someone is going to hug you so tight that all of your broken pieces will stick together."

17. "All you can do is be brave enough to get back out there. You fought, you loved, you lost."

Thank you, Shonda Rhimes, for using your creative genius to bring us "Grey's Anatomy." I don't know where I'd be without it. Even though you love to kill off my favorite characters (yes, I'm still upset about McDreamy).