17 Bible Verses For The Stressed College Student

Sometimes you just need to head straight to the Bible and soothe your soul with the words of the Lord.

150

College can be one of the most exciting times in your life, but it can also be incredibly difficult. Balancing class, work, and a social life is a challenge, and there are days that even getting out of bed is hard. We all need encouragement, whether we're facing a tough final or struggling to find friends. Sometimes you just need to head straight to the Bible and soothe your soul with the words of the Lord.

1. Psalm 25:4-5

"Show me Your ways, Lord, teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long."

2. 1 Corinthians 15:58

"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

3. Micah 6:8

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

4. Romans 8:28

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

5. 1 John 4:16

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them."

6. Proverbs 1:7

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

7. Proverbs 17:27

"The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered."

8. Isaiah 40:30-31

"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

9. 1 Peter 5:6-7

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you."

10. Philippians 2:3-4

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others about yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."

11. Isaiah 43:2

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."

12. John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

13. Psalm 46:1-3

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging."

14. 2 Timothy 1:7

"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline."

15. Matthew 6:33-34

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

16. 2 Corinthians 12:9

"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

17. John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."