Regardless of whether or not you're a yogi, something needs to be said. Hot yoga is ten times harder than you would think.
As wonderful as it is for you, sometimes it is hard to think of those benefits while dripping sweat onto your yoga mat and praying that you won't slip on it. There's nothing cute about it. Plenty of thoughts go through your head while you're trying not to pass out.
1. "I was hoping that there wouldn’t be anyone who I know here. Now, I’m just going to embarrass myself."
2. "Why did I even agree to this?"
3. It’s so hot. I’m glad I live in Texas because I would be dying in this heat otherwise.
4. Just kidding, I am actually dying in this heat.
5. I have literally never sweat this much in my whole life.
6. Why am I sweating this much? It’s not like we’re doing a hard workout.
7. I am so much more out of shape than I thought.
8. Ugh, my sweat is making me slip on my yoga mat! I’m already uncoordinated enough.
9. I really need to start working out more.
10. What is Warrior III? I didn’t know there was a third Warrior pose.
11. Oh my gosh, I could easily pass out right now.
12. Umm, the lady next to me hasn’t moved in a while.
13. And the lady on the other side of me keeps coughing. I did not come here to get sick.
14. Okay, why is the instructor not doing the poses? If I have to do it, so do you.
15. Why have we been lying down for so long? I’m ready to go.
16. Next time we're just doing yoga, no heat.
After that difficult and very entertaining experience, I think that I'm going to need to work my way back up to doing hot yoga again. For other beginners like me, I suggest going to some regular or warm yoga classes before you take on hot yoga.