16 Things To Remember About 2016

16 Things To Remember About 2016

2016 was a notable year and there is a lot to be remembered.

13
16 Things To Remember About 2016
Kiplinger.com

2016 was a year with a lot of highs and a lot of lows, to each person maybe there were a few more lows than highs, or vice versa. Here are some things I think people will remember about 2016:

1. President Obama visited Cuba. He was the first president to do so in 88 years.

2. Kobe Bryant played his last NBA game and scored 60 points.

3. In May at the Cincinnati Zoo a 17 yr old gorilla named Harambe is shot and killed after a child fell into it's enclosure.

4. The Chicago Cubs won their first World Series since 1908 when they defeated the Cleveland Indians 8-7 in game 7 in 10 innings.

5. Donald Trump was elected president.

6. The Olympic Games were held in Rio de Janeiro.

7. The deaths of Prince, David Bowie, Arnold Palmer, and Muhammad Ali.

8. Britain left the European Union. #Brexit

9. A Stanford University student athlete sexually assaulted an unconscious woman and only served three months in jail.

10. Way too many African Americans were killed by police. Too many police were killed as well.

11. A deadly shooting occurs at the gay nightclub Pulse, in Orlando.

12. Sean Penn secretly interviewed El Chapo.

13. Brangelina is no more. </3

14. Drake and Rihanna finally were official, even if it was short lived.

15. Kim Kardashian continued to dominate social media and actually became a serious headline for once when she was robbed in Paris.

16. Beyonce dropped lemonade and was named the most charitable celebrity as well.