16 Things To Do Before Summer 2016 Ends

16 Things To Do Before Summer 2016 Ends

The sun isn't setting on Summer 2016 yet, here's how to make the best of what's left.

11
16 Things To Do Before Summer 2016 Ends
Angela Renzi

Each year the highly anticipated summer vacation that we all desire is gone before we even have a chance to realize it. What should feel like almost three whole months in actuality only feels like a few weeks. With only a couple of weeks left until we start thinking about fall approaching, here are 16 ideas to cross off your summer bucket list so you can make the best out of the remainder of your summer.

1. Experience camping

Camping may not be for everyone, but you owe it to yourself to at least try it out. In 2016 with media constantly surrounding us, it can be refreshing to take a break from it all and just experience the beauty of nature, like how the stars look away from city lights. Pictured above is Salisbury Beach State Reservation.

2. Try a new recipe

Whether you're an experienced chef or your specialty is toast, there are plenty of recipes out there that range from easy no-bake to more complex. Find great summer recipes here: http://allrecipes.com/recipes/630/everyday-cooking/seasonal/summer/

3. Watch a sunrise

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/take-time-to-enjoy-the-beauty-in-nature

4. Go hiking somewhere you've never gone before.

Sure you've been to your go-to place a dozen times, but it's important to push yourself. My next mission is to conquer Mount Watatic pictured above. (http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/904747.jpg

)

5. Binge watch a TV show on Netflix.

Two words: Stranger. Things.

Seriously though, if you haven't already, go watch this show. It's scary good.

6. Achieve a fitness goal.

I cannot emphasize enough how incredible it feels to set a fitness goal for yourself and achieve it. Whether it's improving your mile time or crushing your dead lift goal, there is always something you can work towards.

7. Visit a new town.

It's easy to become comfortable in your own surroundings, but sometimes the most fun adventures can happen outside of your comfort zone. Pictured above is Downtown Gloucester taken when I visited for the first time this summer.

8. See live music.

There's nothing like hearing great music in person, and it might surprise you that there are actually plenty of cheap and affordable ways to see live music. Check out the local music scene in your town, or search for the largest city near you for cheaper venues.

9. Read a book/play.

Even if you might not think it's your thing, with the right book, you can get instantly pulled in without even realizing it.

10. Inform yourself on current events.

When I say "inform yourself", I don't mean watch Fox News or look at the occasional Facebook post of someone sharing their opinion, I mean actually looking into what is going on in our world today and doing research. Our country is going to be faced with arguably one of the most important Presidential Elections in America's history and we all owe it to ourselves to be as informed as we can on each candidate so we make the best decision possible.

11. Try playing Pokémon Go.

I know how polarizing this latest app has been, you either love it or you hate it. However, as someone who didn't see what the hype was about at first, I definitely misjudged the game. Although I don't play it constantly, it is a fun game to play to get people to walk more and be more active, and even make new friends. I in no way support being so glued into the game that you ignore your surroundings, but everyone owes it to themselves to at least try it out and see if it's for you or not.

12. "Treat yoself."

For many of us, once summer ends and fall begins, we have a more rigid schedule and there isn't as much time for yourself as you would like there to be. In the infamous words of Tom and Donna from Parks and Recreation, "TREAT. YO. SELF!." Find something that makes you happy and treat yourself to it, you deserve it.

13. Go Dancing.

Pretty self-explanatory and fun no matter what your dancing experience is.

14. See where a day leads you.

Just go with the flow! Maybe it will lead you to a squad of ducks following you around, you just never know.

15. Compliment a stranger

I guarantee you will be making their day more than you even realize.

16. Spend as much time as you can with the people you love.

We all know summer is way too short. Take advantage of being able to spend time with your family and friends before it's over.